“Always pleases.”

The Knife & Fork Grill & Deli
Ranked #148 of 1,181 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: We at the Knife and Fork are proud to serve locally sourced produce because we are passionate about putting the best possible food under your knife and fork. We take reservations, our chefs table must be booked in advance due to demand. We have private dining facilities for parties of 15 and under. Please feel free to visit our website for further information.
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We have been to the Knife & Fork Grill a number of times in the past few years and it always delivers great service in comfortable surroundings, food is consistently very good. All food is sourced locally, which is good to hear. The starters are varied and focus is on flavour but not at the expense of quantity - portions are just right. We have probably tried most of the main courses (it would be good to see some new ones) and price-wise you are looking at £12 to £16 unless you have steak when you can add another £10. I also like the fact that the staff bring you a bottle of tap water and there is no pressure to order other drinks so if you want to keep the price down, just stick to the tap water. Finally, if you are driving to the restaurant, getting a parking space nearby can be a challenge so be prepared for a short walk.

Fran T, Manager at The Knife & Fork Grill & Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear Clive P,

Many thanks for your recent review of The Knife & Fork - I am thrilled to read that you are continuing to enjoy dining with us!
I will be sure to pass on your kind feedback to our team which I know they will be delighted to receive.
I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Knife & Fork again in the near future and please note that there is a car park located just behind the Hotel which has ample complimentary parking for those wishing to dine in the Knife & Fork, so hopefully this will save you a search for a parking space on your next visit!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

The restaurant has a nice decor and good food at good prices. The meals have something for most tastes and nice portion sizes

Dear gbmontreal

Thank you for taking the time to review the Knife and Fork, I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent dining experience with us!
Thank you for your kind feedback and I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We went here because it's a part of our hotel, but we were so thankful we did. The service is exceptional! Colm first met, then exceeded every expectation. He let you know that you were the most important person there, but he appeared to treat each one the same. His speed in serving us was perfect and to top it off, the food was great too. Then watching him do his job with a smile on his face let you know that he loved his work.
Then Tony at breakfast the next morning was much the same. Undoubtedly, the management cares enough to find and hire the best employees. Kudos to the Knife and Fork!

Fran T, Manager at The Knife & Fork Grill & Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear goforthfamily,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Knife & Fork following your recent dining experience with us.
I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your meal and wanted to thank you for your kind comment particularly regarding our team. Both Colm and Tony are huge assets to the team at Malone Lodge and they will be thrilled to receive this feedback.
I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Knife & Fork and indeed to Malone Lodge again in the near future!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Aside from the fancy looks and a good atmosphere, this restaurant offers some seriously fine cuisine, excellent! Everything I tried was prepared with style, looked great on the plate and tasted delicious. The staff could have maybe been a little friendlier, but maybe it's a cultural thing, I'm not sure. Anyhow, thumbs up, I totally recommend it!

Fran T, Manager at The Knife & Fork Grill & Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Lana M,

Thank you for you review of the Knife & Fork Restaurant - I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your meal with us!
I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

The food is amazing , could not fault it one bit, staff friendly and cannot do enough for you. Would highly recommend.

Dear Traveladdict76_9

Thank you for taking the time to review the Knife & Fork - I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and wanted to thank you for your kind feedback.
I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Knife & Fork again soon!