New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Dublin
“First stay at Radission Blu, would recommend.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We spent an overnight midweek at the Radisson Blu Belfast last week. It's centrallly located and easy to find although we weren't familiar with the city and didn't have a satnav with us. We were greeted as though they were waiting just for us and check in was quick and friendly. We had a Business Class room which had an extra wide bed and a generous comfortable sofabed. I loved the underfloor heating in the stone floored bathroom and the great sound system also in the bathroom linked to the TV. Room service was fast and friendly and not outrageously expensive. The menu was based on the hotel's Italian restaurant and there were lots of healthy options but I would have liked a bit more international variety in the room service menu. The room was clean pleasant quiet and comfortable. Breakfast on the ground floor was pleasant with plenty of various hot and cold options and some delicious Polish bread. I can't vouch for the hotel's other facilities or local attractions but we enjoyed our stay and would certainly consider staying at this hotel and others in the hotel group again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Bangor, Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I had a wedding reception at the hotel in 2011 and returned for my anniversary a year later. Many friends and family stayed at the hotel and everyone commented on how much they enjoyed it. When I returned for my anniversary I was delighted to have my room upgraded.

The hotel staff are very courteous and the food and service was excellent. The drink prices were average for area. It’s a 10 minute walk to city centre.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Béal Feirste, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Myself and my partner spent a night here on the 3rd of feburary and as soon as we arrived we found the hotel staff very helpful and welcoming, they were quick with the check in service and informed us of the breakfast menu that was available- however we decided against this. The room was spacious with a ceiling to floor window with "ok" views but the beds were comfy and the bathroom was clean and well finished. there were also alot of good extras with the room such as ironing facilities and a minibar- however this was relatively overpriced and there was a local mace which was far cheaper. the hotel bar was quiet and modern which, for me made the hotel a nice retret for couples. I can't fault much about this hotel appart from the fact that the pillows were feather which isn't good for people with allergys (like myself) and the fact that a taxi is needed in order to get to any good local resturants either in victoria square or around the lisburn road region.

All considered I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a stylish weekend away.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
N.Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Nice clean modern hotel near all ameneties, but for me the memory of my stay there will be overshadowed by four significant negative points.

We had a twin room. The pillows were rather firm and combined with the single bed it was rather uncomfortable.

The "free" inclusive wi fi was the most infuriating internet connection I have EVER encountered in any hotel anywhere in the world. Not only was it mind numbingly slow, but just when you managed to open a web page or email account the signal dropped out and eventually the connection timed out altogether. Our room was on the 3rd floor and I was struggling to get 1 bar of signal, but in the lobby it was admittedly much stronger, but no use to me down there really.

Lovely Samsung LCD TV but the remote batteries must have been expired and it worked only about 5%. Useless.

Most annoying of all was our experience in the restaurant. The food was very nice and the service was very good too. And prices were what you might expect at a decent hotel. However, when it came to paying the bill, I didn't want to charge the meals to our room. I had taken out a generous cash tip to give to our server (who was quite helpful and pleasant) but when presented with the bill I quickly scanned thru it and noticed that the Hotel had not only already taken the liberty of adding what was clearly marked as a 10% TIP charge to our final bill, but they had the nerve to insert a line at the bottom of the bill IN BOLD CAPITALS with a blank space to add a further tip. What's that all about? Is one tip for the hotel and the additional one for the serving staff? I'm sure many people, having consumed drinks with their meal might be too merry to notice this cheeky hidden charge.

For the record, tipping in the UK and Ireland is absolutely optional and entirely at the discretion of the customer. If I am not happy with he food , service or prices charged I would demand the removal of this charge from my bill. On this occasion I did pay the hotel's 10% charge (which was a few quid less than I had taken out of my wallet to give to the server) but I was so angry that I refused to give any further gratuity to the server.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Footballtourist
London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Business focussed hotel. Not too far from City centre but probably need cab ride to city centre bars and restaurants. Modern regeneration development. Rooms are a fair size. Good amenities - Nespresso coffee machine, trouser press, iron, good bathrooms with underfloor heating which is a nice touch. Comfortable beds.

Only complaint was with my breakfast order which was delivered to the room. A couple of things were missed off the tray.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business