“Poor hospitality training”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Not The best place to eat ---- a laugh to recommend this place as a great place to eat in -a category of a pub maybe- not class and the staff needs hospitality and food knowledge all together --
But the tuna steaks are good in a way ---( compliments to the farmers not the chef )

Horseradish was ok not outstanding -- considered as a sauce-- as the lady manager said ---lol -that's why we were charged for 1.50 lol --- so it's a par with red wine jus ? And beurre blanc sauce ? Joke !!!

Sending a Cointreau opaque or cloudy is a sin !!!!
Specially we didn't asked for an ice or anything on it
The lady manager said she knows her drinks---- this PROVES NOT !
Look somewhere else thats more honest food
Lastly the steak knife on a cheese board is a laugh !!!
End of the day
Trainings for the staff is a must

1  Thank dibz
stixandstones44, General Manager at Stix and Stones, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear dibz, thank you so much for taking the time to review your most recent visit to Stix and Stones.
I do apologise that a few minor incidents ruined your experience with us. Maybe you will decide to return and see how excellent our food and service really is.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,448)

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited Easter Sunday 1st Aprl 2018.

Was charged £1.50 for a horseradish condiment for my roast beef. First time ever had a charge like this anywhere!

Put ice in my liquer and lied that they did.

Chosen wine unavailable.

Managers and staff uninterested in complaints being brought to their attention.

Not for me!

3  Thank Bishop B
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This was our first time here. First time to try the steak on stone as well. Delicious !!
If you have never tried it this is the place to go.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Having enjoyed an excellent meal at Jospers on Saturday night, I thought I would try this place. Even though they were allegedly fully booked, the person who dealt with me was unhelpful, to the point of almost being rude and quite frankly, I’m actually rather glad I never ate there, which is a great shame as I was looking forward to trying it. I most certainly will never ever, set foot through their door again.

2  Thank Christopher G

Dear Christopher, thank you so much for taking the time to review your last visit to Stix and Stones. Unfortunately when you arrived at Stix and Stones it was 7pm on Easter Sunday, one of the busiest days of the year. Before we could even try to explain that we didn't have a table you commented "I was going to eat here and give you an excellent review and now I am going to give you a bad review" you then proceeded to go outside and write your review.
I do apologise that we were fully booked but unfortunately these things happen from time to time.
Please don't hesitate to call the restaurant and book with us the next time you wish to visit

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Meal for two last night. Service very professional and nice atmosphere. We both opted for fillet steaks. Croquettes for a side, a must. Really, really good. Would recommend.