“Excellent meal on first night in Belfast”
Review of James Street South

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Description: City Centre Restaurant with Cookery School. Using the best of Northern Irish produce for a seasonal menu. Pre theatre Mon-Fri £21.50, A La Carte and Tasting Menu always available. Now with Private Dining Room and The Bar and Grill, a more casual dining option located next door. Our other restaurants are The Bar & Grill at James Street South, Hadskis and Cast & Crew.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

After a long journey, my daughter and i had a lovely meal here. Good service, great food and an ideal location. Would thoroughly recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,078)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We choose James St South to have a romantic meal to celebrate our wedding anniversary (we got married on 1st April - there really is no fool like and old fool).
As anytime we have visited previously, friendly service, great food, really couldn''t have picked anywhere better (or anybody better to accompany me than my (current) wife !) to celebrate the event.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My wife gifted me with a morning at James Street South cookery class all I can say is what an experience the class was on how to prepare and cook lamb 3 ways ( with a lot of hints in between) ....I was greeted with a warm welcome Tea and Coffee and 9 other keen want to be chef's... The class was run at a pace so everyone could keep up the atmosphere and chat were excellent but most of all the food was outstanding ....I certainly will be looking for my next class possibly the Friday night Curry class
Thanks Niall thoroughly enjoyable

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Tonight we had the pre theatre menu for three at James St South.
The ambience, service and food were exemplary.
The standard of cuisine was outstanding both in quality and value for money.
Well done to all concerned.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Another excellent meal at James Street South. Staff are friendly and helpful without being intrusive and the quality of the food is top notch. Again we chose the tasting menu and each course was excellent. However, the beef option as a main was outstanding. Still our favourite restaurant in Belfast.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant