“Disgrace!!”
Review of Tropicana

Tropicana
Ranked #16 of 35 things to do in Newcastle
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

This is the first time we have visited Tropicana since I was a child
(I'm now 34) it is so rundown & absolutely filthy and dangerous the wooden benches are broke, there is rust mould & dirt everywhere!!! Has nothing been done in 34 years to improve Tropicana, I don't think so! I took my four children and they were so excited to go but even know it was JULY summer time the large pool slide was out of order! Seriously not impressed!!
So much could be don't to make this place better, it's been here for years and not ONE THING has changed.
I think the council make enough money to at least Revamp the place, add lockers and proper changing rooms & maybe add a food/drinks Cart?

Very disappointed don't think I will return again unless Tropicana improves.!!

Reviewed 11 July 2016

A great day out! Once in, you can stay here as long as you like. My daughter loved the flume, the pool is long enough for a decent swim if not too busy, variety of depths of water. The pool is warm too. Make sure you lather with suncream though, even on an overcast day we came home a bit pink!

1  Thank anita b
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Great area for kids of all ages, with plenty of sitting room for adults to watch. Be aware that all children under 8 need to be accompanied by an adult in the pool, my husband had to go looking for shorts so that he could go in with the kids! It opens at 12pm in the summer but on a good day it fills up quickly and they close the gates once they've reached full capacity. Changing rooms and toilets could do with being a bit cleaner but that's my only gripe.

3  Thank Tracy S
Reviewed 22 July 2015

We timed our visit to this lovely little pool complex well. The day before we had been wearing coats and jumpers, on the day of our visit we were in swimwear covered in suntan lotion (Typical Irish Summer!) The entrance fee is modest and there is no restriction on time. There are however restrictions on height and who can go in which pool and use certain slides so it would be advisable to check before going to avoid disappointed children. Plenty of poolside tables and seating for parents. There is no food on sale here so bring a picnic OR staff are happy that you leave the complex to go and get take out food, we had excellent fish and chips from the place directly across the road. Arrive early. We got there at 12 (opening time) when I left to go and get lunch at 1PM there was long queues. good changing facilities and toilets. would definitely recommend. Only open during July and August. There were LOTS of life attendants who were VERY vigilant. (I read some of the older posts re shabbiness and peeling paint etc, but have to say everything was spotless July 2015)

1  Thank Marie S
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had visitors from London and took their children there and having used a local leisure centre with great facilities with them they wanted to go to Newcastle and try this place, what a disappointment, changing rooms out of the 19th century with absolutely no privacy for children or adults, no indoor showers, and outdoor showers that were not working, a pool that had a lot of dead flies and wasps and dirty toilets. There is also no lockers for clothes or valuables.The council should be ashamed of this place!

1  Thank Ian G