The hotel is located in a rather dingy back street about 10 minutes walk from Union Street. Doesn't look like a great area, but it is convenient for the shopping centre.
A bit confusing when I arrived at the hotel. There is a driveway to the left of the main entrance which I assumed was the car park. It turned out to be the patio area for the apartments behind the hotel which was a bit embarrassing. After speaking to one of the residents, I discovered it was quite a common mistake. Having found the car park entrance which is around the corner, I parked up and tried to enter the hotel. There is no way to get in without a resident card, so I had to walk back up the ramp and round the corner to reception.
Check-in was good, quick, efficient and informative. I was ensconced in my very comfortable room overlooking the street. The room was large and cosy. The bathroom with bath and separate shower was very modern. The waterfall shower was fabulous. It was very windy while I was there and the wind whistled through the window vents, but street noise was acceptable.
The bar and restaurant area is a bit sterile and uninviting. The staff were very attentive and helpful. The bar is very expensive at £5.60 for a pint of Guiness. That's more than I pay in London. The restaurant was disappointing. It was Burn's Night when I arrived, so I had haggis to start. It was tasteless and greasy, definitely not the chieftain of the pudding race. The main of pork chop was good. It was quite expensive and not great value for money.
Parking at the hotel is very expensive at £16 per day. It's a bit potluck whether you get a space. I was lucky enough to arrive on Monday and got assigned a space which was always filled by someone else. One night the car park was full and I had to use the shopping center car park in Loch St. It transpired the apartment residents were using the hotel spaces. Not what you expect for that kind of money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conviniently located modern hotel with great service. Hotel has won several award for its impeccable service and modern decor. Enjoy youer evening at Native restaurant, celebrating the best of land and sea with finest steaks, seafood and wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre Scotland