“Comfy Bed!”

Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 10 February 2016

Just a short stay but lhad a ovely room and a very comfortable bed, bath and seperate shower. Hotel parking available (at a charge). Rooms were spacious and very clean. Not much to do in the immediate vicinity at night but only a 5 minute walk to the shops and 10 walk to the busy nightlife of the city. Great for a weekend break.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Craig W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

Dear x-opal-x,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen.

I am delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay. The hotel is ideally placed for both leisure and corporate guests, with only a few minutes walk from the main hub of the city, which allows for a peaceful night sleep.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, in the near future. Once again, many thanks for your kind comments.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

The hotel has a premier inn look but infact the rooms don't disappoint and the staff/service was friendly and efficient.
Fridge in the room. Very comfy bed and opening window in the bedroom (always a favourite of mine!)
Really well placed for all amenities. Also a little emergency shop (the pantry) next to reception so not always necessary to go the shops for toiletries or snacks.
We were only there for 2 nights but would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Spaaddict67,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel, following your recent visit.

Feedback be it positive or negative is important to us as it allows us to improve and maintain the high standards that we have become known to deliver to our guests. I am delighted that you found the hotel to your satisfaction - our beds are extremely comfortable, and unique to Hilton Garden Inn, as they allow guests to control the firmness of the mattress.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, in the near future.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

Short break for wedding anniversary. Lovely room and altogether excellent although the restaurant and bar were rather pricy. Unusual to have both a bath and a separate shower cubicle. Staff were always pleasant and attentive.Nice and very quiet room guaranteeing a good night's sleep. Expensive car parking ..... check in first at the hotel as you need your room key to access the hotel from the underground car park.
Would have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear IanS8748,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

I am delighted that you found the hotel to your satisfaction, and would recommend. We value any feedback, be it positive or negative, and please be assured that the points that you have made will be reviewed.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

nice central hotel in aberdeen, breakfast was good only negative was the room layout kettle plugged in the cupboard beside the safe but would definitley return. Nice quiet room slep really well even tho we were next to the lift never heard a thing

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Craig W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

Dear Andrew K,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. Feedback, be it positive or negative is important to us, as it allows us to maintain and improve on the high standards that we have become known to deliver to our guests.

I am delighted that on the whole that you found the hotel to your satisfaction, and have taken on board the comments in relation to the layout of plug sockets.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 29 January 2016

The hotel is located in a rather dingy back street about 10 minutes walk from Union Street. Doesn't look like a great area, but it is convenient for the shopping centre.

A bit confusing when I arrived at the hotel. There is a driveway to the left of the main entrance which I assumed was the car park. It turned out to be the patio area for the apartments behind the hotel which was a bit embarrassing. After speaking to one of the residents, I discovered it was quite a common mistake. Having found the car park entrance which is around the corner, I parked up and tried to enter the hotel. There is no way to get in without a resident card, so I had to walk back up the ramp and round the corner to reception.

Check-in was good, quick, efficient and informative. I was ensconced in my very comfortable room overlooking the street. The room was large and cosy. The bathroom with bath and separate shower was very modern. The waterfall shower was fabulous. It was very windy while I was there and the wind whistled through the window vents, but street noise was acceptable.

The bar and restaurant area is a bit sterile and uninviting. The staff were very attentive and helpful. The bar is very expensive at £5.60 for a pint of Guiness. That's more than I pay in London. The restaurant was disappointing. It was Burn's Night when I arrived, so I had haggis to start. It was tasteless and greasy, definitely not the chieftain of the pudding race. The main of pork chop was good. It was quite expensive and not great value for money.

Parking at the hotel is very expensive at £16 per day. It's a bit potluck whether you get a space. I was lucky enough to arrive on Monday and got assigned a space which was always filled by someone else. One night the car park was full and I had to use the shopping center car park in Loch St. It transpired the apartment residents were using the hotel spaces. Not what you expect for that kind of money.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Craig W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Dear pfranks733,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experiences. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. I have received your comments and recommendations. I am happy to hear that you found the hotel to your liking but also I am disappointed that a number of aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations during your stay. We are investigating the points you have raised with the management team at the hotel.

Thank you for your review and I hope you will consider HGI Aberdeen in the future.

Your Sincerely,