“Great Location and decent price if you want to be close as possible to the centre of Aberdeen”

Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The staff at reception when I needed to speak to them were great, very cheerful and the character that I am, I appreciate the jovial manner in which they dealt with my chat.

The breakfast was great, albeit I felt there could have been a bit more of a selection but I was very impressed with the haggis! The sad person that i am, I was looking forward to it on the way down from the lift and I was not disappointed! delicious!

The room was fine, very spacious! Bathroom was huge that I had the option of either a bath or shower. A slight criticism with regards my particular bathroom, and I only notice these things because of my job- there were bits that needed a touch up in terms of paint and gaps around scones of the downlights.

Those very very MINOR things (believe me, I seen some things like holes in doors where someone had obviously kicked it at some point) doesn't detract from the service that I received and the overall experience of the hotel, as such a five star rating from me is the least I could give. You won't go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: just pray that they'll give you the best room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mingsumraymondshek
Craig W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Mingsumraymondshek,

Many thanks for taking the time to post an on-line review following your stay with us here at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen.

We value any feedback be it positive or negative as this allows us to maintain and improve on the high standards that we have become known to deliver. I was delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay, and found the hotel ideally located for all the city has to offer.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Once again, many thanks.

Craig

Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Professional, polite staff make a big difference. The room was huge with a lovely big King Size bed although I was told I had been allocated a Twin on arrival but my reservation which I had to hand said Queen. Reception helped me with that but I wondered how much it had been 'over egged' as helping me out. I didn't park here this time but have in the past and am always miffed at being charged for hotel parking. Breakfast saw a fantastic range of continental on offer and the potato scone was spot on too. The bacon could do with both sides being grilled though and the coffee from the self-service flask unit is never particularly good. Service in the bar was prompt and friendly and I enjoyed the Peroni on offer. It's good there's a little shop for a bar of chocolate as well but a biscuit in the room may have been even nicer. Overall, I'd wholly recommend this hotel and in fact have booked myself and a colleague into there later this month. What more of an endorsement can someone give!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear E5143XQanthonym,

We value any feedback be it positive or negative as this allows us to maintain and improve on the high standards that we have become known to deliver. I was delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay, and found the staff professional and polite.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Business meeting and colleague from previopujs exoperienc recommended hotel. Booked a twin room but upgraded to a king size because room not ready- it was a noon check-in. Well appointed, clean and nice settee.Staff friendly and helpful. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Be friendly and may get an upgrade.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Martyn H

Dear Martyn H,

We value any feedback be it positive or negative as this allows us to maintain and improve on the high standards that we have become known to deliver. I was delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay, and found the staff friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Although the receptionist looked a bit glum when she said that she couldnt give me a room till 2pm she did manage it.The location is fine,just a 5 minute walk from Union Street.The room was a reasonable size and the bathroom had a bath and shower,very unusual.Full Scottish breakfast available at around £11.50.I did find a hair in my haggis,perhaps they didnt shear the sheep first!It was very quiet and i slept well.Housekeeping was a bit tardy one day but no real complaints.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear wingate,

Many thanks for taking the time to post an on-line review following your recent stay with us here at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen.

We welcome any feedback, be it positive or negative as this allows us to maintain and improve on the high standards that we have become known to deliver to our guests. I am pleased to note that you found the hotel ideally located for the main city thoroughfare. Please accept my apologies in relation to the haggis, and I thank you for passing these comments on.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Once again, many thanks for your review.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

The hotel is well located. Whilst a basic hotel - they made the best of it.

Staff were extremely friendly and made effort to greet people warmly.

The cooked to order eggs were perfect! The rest of the breakfaat was really good.

The digital key system failed. But it was fine.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple