“Disappointed”

Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre
Ranked #58 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 29 September 2017

My stay was worse than my last stay in this hotel.
There where numerous issues. The bed mattress had a dip in the middle. The pillows where uncomfortable. The shower leaked water all over the floor. The toilet handle was loose and the toilet didn't flush properly. The Hair drier over heated. I was refused to add any meals to my rooms bill and therefore had to pay cash whilst eating in the hotel dining room. The tv in the room had limited channels and the USB on the back of the tv didn't work.
The hotel looks dated.
I'm extremely unhappy yet again with this hotel and i'm afraid i won't be going back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hello colinkerr1964,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, the UK for your lodging needs. I am pleased to see a post from one of our valued guest. I am sorry for the overall dismay regarding the bed and pillow condition and the issues with the shower and hair dryer. I also regret that you find the hotel to be dated. Your comments will enable us to work harder in exceeding your expectations. I will share your comments with our management to see what we can enhance more to serve our guests better.

I hope to see you again on your next trip to the area. Again, thank you for taking the time to send us a feedback.

Kind Regards,

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Two nights in a clean we’ll kept hotel. It is that good I have booked two more nights in January. The staff could not be more helpful and got on so good with a member of the restaurant staff.

The room was clean that much that I do not recognise what another reviewer said. I am not the type of customer who runs his finger along the picture rail all I ask is somewhere I can feel at home and this does that in spades.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here. Food Bar and restaurant are okay but bedrooms and halls are run down and shabby. Won't be staying again I'm afraid. With the new Exhibition centre underway I can't see them spending money on updating the decor and sorting out the bathrooms.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear John T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We would like to apologize for not living up to your expectations regarding our room condition, decor and hallways. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments for evaluation.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 22 August 2017

As the hotel is currently undergoing renovations, I am making allowances!
Only one receptionist on when we checked in, and she was speaking to a customer on the phone for about 10 minutes while we waited, and a queue formed. Not her fault, as other staff members went past. She did apologise for our wait.
Room was fine - adequate, clean.
Breakfast was self-service, with a good choice of tepid offerings. The waitresses were lax when it can to clearing tables, which was disappointing.
stay there again - not sure

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Nikki H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for your review, please accept my apologies for the delay you experienced on check . I have also noted your comments regarding breakfast and have spoken to the staff concerned.

Kind Regards
Gavin Tannock

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Have stayed here many times this year for business purposes and I really have no complaints whatsoever.
The confusing thing is, the Holiday Inn express next door always seems to be more expensive, even taking into account that breakfast is included there.
The staff at reception always greet and treat you with a smile and nothing is a problem for them. The restaurant could be doing with a change of menu more often, but the food is good for a reasonable price. The staff here are also friendly and efficient.
Overall a good hotel in a central location for either exhibition centre, Industrial estates, or main gateway to the north.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind review about the hotel and staff, the hotel prices do vary according to demand so sometimes there can be a difference between the two hotels.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Gavin Tannock