“Being refurbished”

Provost Skene's House
Ranked #49 of 164 things to do in Aberdeen
More attraction details
Owner description: **Provost Skene's House is temporarily closed to the Public** The House will be closed during the development of Marischal Square. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Reviewed 10 May 2015

Disappointed that we hadn't realised we were not able to visit this as the area is being redeveloped.

6  Thank Penny B

Reviewed 27 April 2015

I came to have a look around on sunday morning. has I got to the building sad to say it or closed up there all broaded up no one can get in. I think its closed for good.

2  Thank rajesh4cat
Reviewed 28 January 2015

Well, what can I say! Great museum and lovely café in basement. Great the knocked down all those horrible council buildings and now we can actually see this historic building. The council should be shot what they are planning now!!!

4  Thank JacobDanish
Reviewed 14 December 2014

Great place to visit and such an historic building of various dates back to 15th century. Presently closed due to completely inappropriate redevelopment.
Soon to be eclipsed by a bit of council folly and hemmed in with huge glass boxes completely out of character. What planet are the councillors on?

6  Thank Alastair W
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 December 2014

I walked past it yesterday (3 Dec) and a sign announced that the site is closed 'for a year' due to demolition taking place in an adjacent building. I'm not sure when the year started or, for that matter, will finish so if you are interested in visiting the house it's worth checking when the site will reopen. In any case if you happen to be walking around it's worth having a look from the outside - it is indeed an imposing building.

1  Thank Denise S