“Keep this gem a secret ”
Review of The Old Boatyard

The Old Boatyard
Ranked #21 of 66 Restaurants in Arbroath
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a gem of a place. Fantastic food, service and views. Great ambiance with its low warm lights. Great for all ages and such warm and welcoming staff.
Thankyou x

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I came here with my mum and had no booking but the staff were very accomodating and managed to fit us in...the food was first class but I must say the staff were very polite

Reviewed 6 March 2018

very relaxed atmosphere with friendly and efficient staff.
Meal was delicious with a good variety not just a seafood restaurant.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

My husband and I went in on Sunday afternoon for coffee and cake and it was great. The coffee was first class and we were both pleased with the cakes we picked. I had a raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake and my other half had banoffee pie. Both were attractively served and we sat on a very comfortable sofa overlooking the bay. It was just a lovely experience.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We visited on a late Sunday afternoon after seeing that there is a 2 for 1 menu and it was my mother in laws birthday. We travelled 100 miles for this outing. I had booked via email with the subject heading "2 for 1". The 2 for 1 menu was very limited so 2 of our party decided to choose from the full menu. The paella was lovely and the chicken was good. The scampi and chips on the 2 for 1 was just OK. We also got toast, tea and coffee with 4 small cakes at the end of dinner. On a more negative note, when we ordered drinks the dirty glasses weren't removed from the table unless we asked and but perhaps I'm being too picky. At the end of the meal we were refused the 2 for 1 option because we hadn't printed off a voucher from the website. We were pretty furious about this, and didn't want to make a huge fuss as it was a birthday celebration. Having booked online with the subject heading of "2 for 1" it was pretty obvious that this is what we were doing. At that point it would have been helpful if the restaurant had indicated that we needed a voucher. Even although we showed them the email on our phone, they still replied that we needed a voucher. On our way out the door, we were eventually handed some cash and were told "we feel bad you have come such a long way so you can have this back". Pretty poor. Will not be returning. However, I guess if you live in the vicinity the choice of restaurants is limited so you have to put up with this kind of service and attitude.