“Everything a Tea Shop Can Be”

Purdy's Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Forfar
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I am usually in The Airlie Arms, in Kirriemuir, on Saturday mornings, for a regular meeting, but unforseen circumstances caused me to have to face the winter-logged road to Forfar this snowy day and I had an hour's wait to endure so repaired to Purdy's Coffee Shop, in Castle Street, to see if they too sold teas. No worries on that count. Three young ladies were on duty and, quickly, I had my tea on the table and my bacon and egg roll on the way. I was completely delighted with the very welcome service, food and drink I received there ... In nice, clean and tidy, pleasantly simple surroundings.
The wee place filled up quickly and it became, thought I, a fine local pit stop esp for those who crave company and good food.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

I have visited Purdy's twice again since my last review in the hope that I will enjoy as much as I did growing up but each time a member of staff has been nothing but rude. I won't be back and I recommend you go elsewhere.

2  Thank x-Cazzzyy-x
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Well, we went for a walk around Forfar Loch and decided to do a bit of shopping before hand dropping in to Purdy's for a bit of lunch. What a great find, good food, well presented and not really expensive, The place was comfortable and warm (as it was close to zero outside) with very nice and helpful staff.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Broke our trip from Coaltown of Balgonie in Fife to Aberdeen at Purdy's.
an old fashioned tea shop with booths to sit in, a large pot of tea for two costing £.

The menu offering is breakfast, burgers and sandwiches. All really reasonable in price.

Seemed clean and friendly

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Stop off on the way to Tarves,Lovely brunch,with Bagel and bacon and scrambled eggs,followed by a delicious scone,my wife having pancakes,A most welcome stop off,Will certainly be back here, attentive staff and very prompt service .