“Amazing”
View from Shuna towards Degnish, Torsa and Seil
The Boat House sits above a pier full of boats View from Shuna towards Luing and Mull
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Boat House sits above a pier full of boats
View from Shuna towards Luing and Mull
Cormorants enjoy a rock
The Boat House, finished beautifully inside, was a labour of love by the island's owner
The Garden House
Strong kayakers can make it all around the island, spotting wildlife as they go
Numerous bays and inlets dot the eastern side of the island
View from behind the South End House to the ruins and beyond
A flotilla of boats greets new arrivals
View south to the Mull of Kintyre, Jura and Islay
The South End House sits in its own beautiful bay
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kim S
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 27 December 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We have stayed in the Forge on Shuna twice with our two dogs. This visit we also brought my parents and sister and her partner who stayed in Oakwood. Shuna is just the perfect place to get away. You book very far in advance as it books up quickly. I booked in June 2016 for Aug 2017. I then fell pregnant and was 8 months pregnant during my visit. This wasn't a problem at all. I informed Kathryn who let me know the closest hospitals and promised to take us to the mainland if we needed. We didn't, thankfully. Shuna was the perfect break for me to rest. The dogs can be off lead in certain parts depending on which fields the sheep are in and whether there are young pheasants etc. The dogs love it here and enjoy playing with Banjo the dog. Little Jazz wanted to play but my two and Banjo were playing a bit too rough for the poor wee lad.
No doubt we will visit again in future when the littleun is big enough to put her wellies on.

welshtrol...
Dunblane, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Shuna”
Reviewed 15 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Stayed in Pier House. There are other fancier houses on the island but Pier House has the views, is on the waterfront and has a great fire pit. It is relatively basic but the beds are comfy and it also has a wood burner for wet days.

So what did we do? We kayaked on the provided sit on tops. We used the assault craft that comes with the rental for ferrying to the Lord of the Isles pub on the mainland, for circumnavigating the island, and for fishing for mackerel. We caught thirteen on one day which was a handy meal on the BBQ. Our party did archery at shuna castle for a small cost. We went and spotted deer. We saw porpoises. We may have seen a pair of otters. We watched the sea birds too and caught sight of the sea eagles. We walked the length of the island, including to shipwreck bay to see the Maid of Luing. We jumped from the pier, toasted marshmallows and caught 81 crabs off the pontoon that were then returned. Our party also took a trip to the Corryvreckan. Shuna is a beautiful place. It's a little worn in places but it's not here to be perfect. It rained but the sunsets when they came were spectacular. I would love to come back some time and maybe stay in the Boat House.

Tom C
Prestwick, United Kingdom
“Oakwood Cottage - best holiday of my life”
Reviewed 9 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Spent a week on the Isle of Shuna in Oakwood Cottage, three of us and our wee dog. From start to finish the holiday was simply wonderful. Kathryn and Rob were great hosts.... welcoming, friendly and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. We enjoyed kayaking, sailing using the 17ft ex army aluminium boat that was all ours for the week, fishing, long walks, exploring around the ruined castle and spotting wildlife - everything from fallow deer and sea otters to little newts. It was the best holiday I have ever had (and I have been around the globe) and we are booking to go back again soon.

Jethers
Edinburgh
“Perfect holiday!”
Reviewed 9 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We stayed on Shuna for a week, but wished we could have stayed longer! The island is really beautiful, with lots to do; with two young children we spent the time fishing, catching crabs, walking, swimming, kayaking, barbequing, having a go at archery, and using the little boat provided to get around. The Pier House is basic, but large and comfortable with a lovely outdoors area that has rope swings, a picnic table and a firepit - all with an amazing view across the water. And Rob and Kathryn, who run things, are really lovely; they were kind and helpful the whole week through.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Pier House”
Reviewed 3 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Having spent my childhood summers here in the late 70's & 80's I finally got round to bringing my clan, and was delighted to find there is very little changed, although the Pier House now has a plug and electric lights!! The kids 9 and 12 and Mrs C all survived in style. The same assault crafts I messed about on 30 years ago were great for cruising and fishing, and with otters, deer (especially the fallow ones), canoes and exploring no one missed wifi. The other guests were all great company and many thanks for the loan of the chainsaw. Hosts Rob and Cath are great and really fit in and was nice to meet Ed again having been lucky enough to stay in the castle with his family before it was abandoned. It was fantastic to be so relaxed, no watch, no sport or news, no radio or tv.. Shuna time took over, which is basically tides, weather and daylight..and welly's are the look even when the sun shines. We will be back to unwind soon...

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing