US$111
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 51% below average rates

The price you found is 51% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$225/night.

US$182
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
US$240
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
1,933 results
All reviewshot tuboban bayspa facilitiescrerar hotelssteam roomset menudinner bed and breakfastwaiting staffstornoway black puddingboth nightsdining roomshort breaknight breaklounge areasea viewlovely viewa lovely stay
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

What a shame. Fantastic location, perfectly fine really but just so rough around the edges. Nothing actually wrong, just background mediocrity in so many areas as several other reviews suggest. Letting itself down when it needn't do so.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Thom B
Manager_ObanBay, General Manager at Oban Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Thom B,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am grateful for your feedback which I will share with the rest of the team.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

The hallway to our room had a carpet that should have been replaced years ago. Frayed, dirty - just awful. The room was nothing special. Just the basics, nothing else. The lift could stand a good cleaning too. The restaurant? Well, it was fair to good. My wife's salmon was quite good, my steak burger? Well, not so good. There are lots of choices in Oban. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Manager_ObanBay, General Manager at Oban Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Dear EltonWG,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay. I will share your comments with the rest of the team. The hotel has much to offer guests including great views and an excellent location, friendly staff and great food.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed in double room 10 mins walk from town clean enough,small tv no views and the price would put me off staying again nothing special,but at the right price with the right room would bump it up a couple of stars

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank staff66

Dear staff66,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

I am glad that we met your needs on this occasion. Our rates vary depending on the time of the year. It is worth bearing in mind also that you should book through our hotel directly since we offer better rates than our third party partners.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed last Saturday overnight on diner bed and breakfast package. We arrived at noon and were informed that check in was after 3pm. The hot tub was broken so we had a wonder around Oban and went back at 6pm to check in.

When we went down for diner we were informed we had no table, dispite booking one the evening before. After some debate and we did get a table.

The food was well presented, the mussels starter was good, but the beef main lacked any vegetables. A few people were complaining about the service and time to be served. Getting water was a case of trying to get the staff's attention.

After the meal I asked for a gin and tonic, to be advised that they had no chilled tonic.

The room had the squeakist bed I have ever tried to sleep in. Room 152.

The breakfast, following a night trying not to move on the bed, was slightly strange. Cereal and juice had to be ordered along with any cooked food. Tea and toast was replenished if you requested it.

The staff all tried hard and seemed keen to please. Not sure if we will be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian C

Dear Ian C,

Thank you for your writing a review of your recent stay with us.

The flooring around our hot tub is currently being repaired. It is quite a large job which we expect to take another week.

All of our breakfast items are ordered from the menu and are served to the guests at the table.

I have shared your comments about dinner with our restaurant team and we will continue with our training programme.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I stayed here for 3 nights, luckily my company paid, if it had come out of my pocket I really would not have been impressed. The room was small and dark, whilst the bed was made each day the room itself was dirty and very dusty. Parking is a nightmare I had to park around half a mile away.
The staff are not very friendly or helpful this may be due to them being mainly Eastern European and not speaking very good English. The morning I left I had to be be gone by 0600 am due to me missing breakfast I was told a packed lunch would be left at reception. Next day reception new nothing no packed lunch left so I was offered a packet of nuts and crisps!
Food was edible however nothing like the standard as advertised and was certainly not worth the prices they charge.
My room cost £128.00 b&b I would have happily paid £40 but not a penny more as said company paid. The day I left they where charging £200 room only per night, I pity the poor soles who got fleeced because this was the only accommodation left available.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank c1rencester

Dear c1rencester,

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read that your were disappointed with your room.

We get lots of positive comments about our team members.

We also get lots of great comments about our food, which priced in line with the rest of the town.

Parking is limited at all hotels in Oban but we have two alternatives very close to the hotel.