“Half pizza and half pasta meal”
Review of Rio

Rio
Ranked #46 of 101 Restaurants in Oban
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I came here during Easter when we were visiting Oban.

We both ordered the half pizza and half pasta option from the menu, I got a ham pizza and carbonara and my wife chicken pizza and spaghetti bolognese.

We both felt that the wait for the food to arrive was excessive, it took about half an hour and we weren’t given bread or anything while we waited.

The food was good but not spectacular, the pizza is very small but it was probably enough as the pasta was filling. The meal also came with garlic bread.

We ordered ice cream as a dessert, this was very bland.

The restaurant is in a good location and the food was priced reasonably.

1  Thank scottc1985

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Very disappointed with bar rio sat 31st March , brought some friends who were up in Oban staying with us to bar Rio for an evening meal . As regular customers we were shocked to be told that the kitchen was closed . This was at 8.45pm . Is it not usually 9pm for last orders ? We were told very curtly by a foreign fellow that " kitchen is closed!" And then he walked away . Not even the offer of a drink for our long travelled friends . I couldn't see any of the usual welcoming staff we have come to know whilst visiting. Surely for Easter weekend restaurants should be more than welcoming for hungry travellers ,, won't return at night ..will chance our luck with the ever welcoming day staff .

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Had a nice relaxed lunch here. I only wanted a light lunch and the ham and cheese toastie came quickly, filled with very tasty cheese and a small salad accompaniment, very enjoyable. My partner had the fish and chip lunch offer which was a smaller portion but came with bread and butter and a pot of tea as well. It was amazing value and good fresh food.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Had dinner here on a recent stay in Oban. First class food served quickly. Reasonable priced for food and drink.

darrell w, General Manager at Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for your recent review I will pass on your comments to our chefs

Hope to see you in Rio very soon

Kind regards

Darrell Williams.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife visited last week after walking past this place a few times but never actually going in.

We shared Pasta and Vegetarian Pizza and both meals were very tasty. For dessert we had honeycomb cheesecake which was delicious.

Nice atmosphere, friendly Manageress. 5 out of 5!

Thank you for your recent review I will pass on your comments to our chefs