“Bliss”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

If you like amazing food in a welcoming environment then look no further. We had 1 fussy eater , the waiting staff helped her to decide what she wanted and to their credit she ate the lot .oh and the price will no burn a hole in your pocket . Exceptional food and service to match . Thank you

1  Thank indy-murray

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hi it was our first visit in this restaurant and we loved the interior of the restaurant(it reminded us Italy)...... loved our pizza and fish choice. The best was the staff, they tried so much to keep our curious son occupied ( e.g.showing him how to make his own pizza) - absolutely amazing approach! Thank you very much! Hope you will enjoy your visit ;0)

1  Thank ashley081
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I were in Dumfries for the day and were looking for somewhere to have dinner before heading home for the evening. We found La Dolce Vita due to the good reviews on here and also liked the interior of the restaurant with the old features remaining from when the building was a bank.
However, the food was very disappointing. We both had the calamari which, although cooked well, was extremely bland and the Marie Rose sauce was also quite tasteless. My husband asked for his with garlic dip and it was also tasteless. On the other hand, my main (risotto with pancetta and peas) was far too full of taste but unfortunately the taste was solely stock. The pancetta was also chewy with quite a few lumps that were pure fat. My husbands calzone was basically bread with cheese and a tiny bit of ham shoved in for luck. Again he felt it lacked taste. We left without ordering desserts or coffees (my husband ALWAYS gets a dessert and I will ALWAYS get a coffee but going by the rest of the meal we didn’t want to waste anymore money on food that I could have made better at home).
All in all, not a nice meal so I wouldn’t go back.

5  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had dinner with friends, off the midweek madness menu. £10 for a sharing focaccia, pizza or pasta of your choice and a drink. Tremendous value and delicious food. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had the most lovely meal tonight with my partner. Starter and main was amazing and staff were very friendly. Really lovely for Laura to take time to speak to Simon and I.