“Consistant High Standard”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dumfries
Ferintosh Guest House
Ranked #20 of 52 Dumfries B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 September 2017

The Ferintosh is really the standard against which all other B & Bs should be measured. Robertson and Emma, our hosts, know the meaning of customer service. The décor and fittings in the rooms have been chosen with care, with an eye to quality. Our welcome was genuine and friendly; the room was well appointed; the bed was more than comfortable; and the breakfast was filling and tasty.

For those who have never visited Scotland, the Ferintosh and Dumfries are an ideal starting point. An excellent and gentle way of getting a taste of Scotland without full immersion. Not forgetting that Dumfries is in The Borders, which has a unique history all of its own!

My wife and I are looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a night last week having been booked out by from the Cairndale. Being a coach driver I'm used to this (obviously hotels aren't going to put their own guests out unless they have to), and to be honest I dred it as some of the places they put you up are, we'll say less than desireable!
Alas, Ferintosh was absolutely faultless- a friendly welcome from the owner who showed me to my room, explained everything I needed to know and then disappeared and left me to relax instead of standing around chatting about everything for an hour as some hosts do when all you want to do is get some peace and quiet!
My room was large, spotlessly clean, had more than enough tea/coffee and even a couple of chocolates which is always a nice touch. The ensuite was also very clean, with a modern shower which worked perfectly.
Although facing the street, there was no noise during the night and the bed was very comfortable, so I slept well.
As for the location, I didn't explore much but it's right opposite the station and not far at all from the town. The Station Hotel opposite is a pleasant place for a quiet drink.
Id definitely recommend Ferintosh Guest House, and if I return to Dumfires out of my own choice ill certainly stay here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Absolutley excellent the room the owners and the food were fault less. A warm welcome awaited us.We took our little dog he was very welcome they even loaned us a dog bowl for him, the b and b was easy to find and was a perfect base to enjoy scotland.Thank you for a peaceful and stress free stay we will definatley be back.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Once again we stayed at The Ferintosh in Dumfries. It was very clean, comfortable and friendly. The breakfast was amazing with loads to choose from. The hosts Emma and Robertson are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We travel to Dumfries once a month from Aberdeen for ice hockey training with our boys and always have the battle of firstly finding somewhere to stay and somewhere we want to stay, done all the usual big chain brands locally which are as you would expect and tried the local big hotels which were pretty poor and expensive, this weekend we booked this place just because it had availability, firstly there is only two slight downsides with it, firstly there is no offices parking (but their is other parking opposite and next to / behind on residential street) and the double bed was a bit small, however we were greeted by the owner with a fantastically warm welcome which almost made us feel like we were staying with friends, we had two rooms together with our own bathroom and rooms were well equipped, we didn't have time for a full breakfast this time, but did see it and it looked really good and was cooked to order, summary is this is our first choice now and we are just about to booked 8 X 1 nights stays, brilliant place.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family