“Like returning home!”
Review of Cally Palace Hotel

Cally Palace Hotel
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Good value golf package. Food Good, Room very comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. Comfortable lounges.

We've visited this hotel many times and not been disappointed. The only downside (if it is one) is that the WiFi coverage is patchy.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are best because you get a view of the golf course.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Booked a family weekend with pet dog as the hotel claimed to be dog friendly. However when we arrived we were told the dog was not allowed in any of the public rooms because food was served in all of them. This was not made clear at time of booking. We were allowed in the reception area and bedroom!Manager claimed that other guests were uncomfortable with dogs and hence the ruling. However who would book into a dog friendly hotel if afraid of dogs. Ruined the weekend. So i not return. Very poor.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank EdwardCullen007
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

As soon as we walked in to our room we detected a pungent smell of damp and cigarettes. The room was very dated and the carpet was extremely worn, I felt extremely uncomfortable putting my my feet on to it. The rooms were also extremely dark and even with the sunlight through the windows and the lights on it was still extremely dark.
Although the room was very large it was very unpleasant to stay in.
The staff were polite but our meal orders took a very long time to come and one night I had to re order my salad which did not arrive with the rest of my family's meals. And when the food did come it tasted like it wasn't completely fresh. One morning the porrige we ordered didn't even arrive and by that point we were so fed up with the bad service we decided just to leave.
The pool area was an upside to our whole stay, all the functions were clean and enjoyable.
Although there are some positives to this hotel I think they are greatly outweighed by the negatives so I will not be staying here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellie M
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We called at Cally Palace for lunch in the Conservertory on Friday 11th August, my husband ordered a beef salad, could not believe the beef when it arrived, mainly gristle, not a mouthful of even adequate beef, waitress very good and took it back to the kitchen, she returned to say that there was no point in bringing any more beef as it would be the same!!!!! My husband then had the very ordinary ham. Cannot believe that any chef could sent out beef in that state. We will not go back if that is their standard.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shirley B
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We took my Aunt here for afternoon tea to celebrate her birthday. There was a big selection of sandwiches and wraps which were all very nice.
There was a lemon posset in a shot glass which was lovely. The meringue with cream was also very nice. The scone was small but not the lightest so not sorry it wasn't bigger.
Then there were squares of a dark chocolate brownie, a flapjack and a very nice shortbread biscuit.
We all enjoyed it and asked for a box to take home the many items we hadn't been able to eat.
The only negative was that I hadn't booked for my daughter as she doesn't eat a normal diet, however, the waitress insisted firmly that she had to have an afternoon tea which my daughter didn't eat any of apart from two finger sandwiches so I wasn't pleased being charged for this.
Apart from that we all loved the surroundings and felt very comfortable and relaxed.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
9.3 km away
Kirkcudbright Bay Hotel
Kirkcudbright Bay Hotel
#3 of 4 in Kirkcudbright

Been to Cally Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!