US$79
US$86
US$84
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

US$100
US$84
Errolbank Guesthouse(Dundee)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$63
Alcorn Guest House(Dundee)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$76
US$74
US$83
US$81
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$98
Dundee Backpackers Hostel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$49
  • Free Internet
Aabalree Guest House(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$60
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbroughty ferrylifeboat stationgood selection of real alespub atmospherefish piecouple of nightsboth nightsthe ground floorfishermansscotlandgolfersaccommodationcarnoustiearbroathtaywee
Reviewed 3 June 2018

As a regular of “ The Fish” I was disappointed the chefs specials were no longer on the menu. The new menu has fewer fish options so ordered the tikka chicken skewers. 2 small skewers were presented on a bed of rice along with a mini Nan bread
Initially I thought the advertised tomato & onion salad had been left out only to discover
tiny rice sized slithers of tomato and onion were mixed through the rice.
The chicken pieces were very small and once I cut off the blackened bits there wasn’t much left. All in all a very small portion for £8.99. Come on “ Fish “ step up it’s not all about decor we come for the food too !!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Marchgirl
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Surprisingly high standard rooms, but I wasn't there for luxury, I was there for good value, good food, good cask beer, good pub atmosphere, and friendly efficient staff. This place has all and more in bucketloads. If I ever need to stay in this part of Scotland again I will make a bee-line for the Fisherman's. Lovely seaside walks a stone's throw from the pub. Historic part of town.
Only caveat is that there is no private car park; we had to leave our Rileys (I was there with friends) on the street, but it was safe, no trouble even with the open-top cars, and the locals helped fit us in to available spots.

Room Tip: They have a disabled room that ticks all the boxes; ask the helpful staff if you need this.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just stayed the weekend at the Fishermans Tavern and we literally do not have enough words to describe how much we enjoyed our stay there. From checking in the staff were friendly, helpful and completely genuine. The room was immaculate and even though we had Windows on both sides of the street we really weren't disrupted by any noise. The breakfast was standard full English or choice of cereals however we did order a sandwich from the menu for lunch the fish was fresh and delicious it was brilliant value. I would definitely give my personal recommendation for this hotel and thank you so much to every member of staff i encountered all just such genuinely lovely people.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Halina M, Manager at Fisherman's Tavern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Many thanks for your lovely words - we're delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Halina

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

First time in after the re-fit, way to go to turn a beautiful historic pub into a bland identikit Belhaven pub. Food decent but unremarkable. staff nice. Dog friendly, good drink selection. Used to be a reason to visit the Ferry, not so much now.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't liked our refit as much as we do but we appreciate your opinion and will pass it on.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

I traveled to Dundee in September 2017 and stayed a night at The Fisherman's. The staff was very warm and welcoming the moment you walk into the door. The rooms are cozy with quaint decor. I had a delicious steak and ale pie at the tavern whole watching Scotland play in the dorms cup qualifiers against Malta. There is great atmosphere in the tavern. The hotel and tavern are located within a very short walk, and Dundee is a welcoming town.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo