“Exceptional Restaurant.”

Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian, Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: Family run restaurant in the city centre now celebrating 20 years in business and with a fresh new look and menu! Great for all parties, couples,families and small/large groups of up to 50! We are open most hours of the day. We welcome booking or walk-ins! Regards City
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Everything was amazing at this place I simply can't fault it for anything. First of all the waiter was extremely kind and lively, made some great conversation and was so enthusiastic- couldn't have asked for better. The food was beautiful- I like to try the most boring/ common thing on the menu so I went for the City Burger with the chips and the onion rings and just wow. This burger (other than being a tad big) was full of flavour and I really never care too much about burgers but I'd get another. Made with Aberdeen Angus with Bacon and Monterrey Jack Cheese it was truly delicious and the chips were better than ANYTHING I have had in England. Last me and my girlfriend both got a knickerbocker glory which tasted unbelievably fresh and delicious and utterly faultless. The music was absolutely to my tastes too (mostly 80's) everything was utterly perfect. It is a little out of the way near the surgical museum and I was really worried because of the huge menu and the website which looked a little thrown together but I had nothing to worry about GO HERE, it is amazing.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We had been to a performance of ‘This House’, which is a very long play, and it was well past ten when we left the theatre, not having had any supper. Fortunately, the City Restaurant is well-nigh adjacent to the playhouse and they were still serving food. I had a very nice late-night cheese-and-mushroom omelette and a pint of 80 shillings, my partner a pizza which was larger than she could handle and for which she received a box in which to take the rest home. The service was quick and polite, the table was clean. No complaints.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This was recommended to us as a place that locals go. The staff is friendly and the food is excellent. We liked it so much we went a second during our trip to Edinburgh. It is a short walk from the Royal Mile but well worth it!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a bite before the ballet, as was here to see the little mermaid at gone festival theatre. We didn't have a lot of time but the staff assured me they would be quick, they were very fast and friendly. Had a ham ,cheese and tomato baguette with a flat white coffee absolutely delicious, would highly recommend.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

It was a random restaurant we walked in, but did not regret it. The fish was very fresh and the staff was very friendly despite of the peak hours they had during our visit.