“Perfectly acceptable ”
Review of passage to india

passage to india
Ranked #491 of 2,641 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$21 - US$29
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese, Bangladeshi
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: A multi-award winning restaurant in the centre of Edinburgh, Passage to India has been given the AAA Award of Excellence twice and achieved Outstanding Achievement mentions from the Good Eating Guide for four years. It’s the only restaurant in town to serve Punjabi cuisine but this isn’t the only thing that sets Passage to India apart from the crowd – this is a restaurant where every single thing is imbued with a sense of quality and care, from the interior design to the service. Balanced between 70s style flock wallpapered palaces and ultra modern starkly conceived dining rooms, Passage to India has an unusually tongue in cheek style, the furnishings simple and unfussy but the art on the walls, depicting typical Indian scenes kitsch and colourful. This creativity follows through to the food, inspired by the flavours of the Punjab with a menu that includes less often tasted Indian dishes as well as a few old favourites.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I chose this restaurant because of its location near my hotel and the reviews.
Some people need to sober up when writing their reviews as it’s good but not that good.
Not the plushest of places but perfectly acceptable and a decent standard of food.
Quiet young man taking the orders but a nice cheery chap backing him up.
All in all “nae bad” as we say in Aberdeen.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited here without being sure how it will be - we left after having excellent food and the service was perfect also. We’ll definitely be coming here again next time we’re in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I went to this Indian restaurant with group of my friends after a long tiring journey from the Highlands as I didn't wanted to cook in the house. We ordered poppadoms to start with , and mixed platter for our starters . The service was really excellent and the chicken tikkas were melting in the mouth . Couldn't ask for any better.

Ordered our mains and it was again the best food ever , just as fresh and tasty as one from home. I asked for green chillies on side as I love having it with my food and the staff was kind enough to bring them to me very quickly and happily.

Everything was delicious !!!

Highly recommend and worth a visit.

1  Thank Kravita
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Didn't have much expectations while visiting passage to India but boy I was wrong.

The food was tasty and authentic Indian. The flavors reminded me of streets of Delhi and suddenly it was home away from home.

Highly recommended for having great Indian food in Edinburgh.

Must try the paneer chilli.

1  Thank miteshkothari84
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited this place with friends and family to get the most heartiest welcome ever received in a restaurant. All staffs were very friendly and attentive. They not only did their job extremely well but also paid special attention all our needs.
To top this, the sumptuous delicacy from the kitchen refreshed our mood and washed our whole day's tiredness. The mouth watering, authentic Indian dishes can be said to be one of the best Edinburgh has to offer.
The icing on the cake was when I asked the owner to customise one of the delicacy as per my choice. He not only obliged me, but presented me with the best Chicken Vindaloo I ever had outside of India.

Loved it!!!!