“My favourite place to take my parents when they visit!”
Review of bar italia

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Delicious delicious food. Homemade pasta and ice cream (which is incredible!). Great warm Italian restaurant atmosphere. The service is fantastic! Perhaps slightly more expensive than a student would want to pay without their parents there! But I really love it here.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Went here with a group on a midweek evening. Good service, good choice of food and drink and value for money.
If you are looking for a low to mid priced Italian restaurant try here.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Booked for my son (8yrs) and I whilst visiting Edinburgh as we both love Italian and we weren't disappointed.
We shared a started and the buffalo mozzarella was amazing and followed this by the clam pasta for my son and pesto, roast pepper and goats cheese for me, both polished off easily. They even accommodated my son's request for bread and balsamic vinegar for his dessert!
Would definitely book again when we return to Edinburgh.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

This place was within the same block of the Sheraton Hotel so it was an easy choice during our first day there as our room was getting prepared. Small, lively, family oriented with a very friendly staff who remembered us the next few times we went. Full bar and great Italian menu. Pizza and calzone were our favorites. You just can't go wrong here if you like pizza!! Fresh ingredients without being too saucy. Just the right amount. I think the fresh ingredients plus the wonderful crust made it a number one choice for us and many of the folks who were in our travel group. I didn't find out until our bus ride back to the airport how many folks tried and loved this place!!! Didn't really get to try the chicken/veal/pasta dishes, but they looked great. Now...if you like ice cream...wow!!! Chocolate Bavarian; Vanilla nut; salted carmel; all served in many parfait type options to choose from. It appears to be a trademark type of dessert menu, Absolutely delicious!!!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

The perfect place to get a pre-theatre meal. Friendly, speedy service, great atmosphere, and the food is delicious! We both had the seafood risotto which was just the right consistency and taste. It's a good idea to pre-book if you are going to a show.