Our family of 6 spread out in the 3 bedroom, 2 bath penthouse apt. It was a welcome break from the cramped UK hotel rooms. 24 hr reception staff was always helpful, building had security entrance. The washer/dryer combo unit in the apartment was nice, but it took forever to dry small loads of clothes. The kitchen had service for 8, but limited cooking utensils. The 2 bathrooms, all bedrooms and living/dining combo were spacious and comfortable. WIFI worked well on 6 devices at once.
The apt is a 5 min walk from Waverly train station (you can hear the train announcement although it didn't keep us from sleeping). There's a small grocery in Waverly and a coffee shop & ATM a few steps from the apt. The old cemetery is behind the building and we honestly saw 3 homeless men injecting IV drugs and sleeping in the tomb from our window. Despite that, I did feel very safe in the area. The Royal Mile across the bridge is about a 10 minute walk. The views of the old city from the apt and the rooftop patio are amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location, space and service make Princes Street Suites a modern Edinburgh classic. Whether you check in for two nights or two weeks you'll enjoy the unrivaled space to entertain, work or simply relax that these superb award winning serviced apartments have to offer. You can choose from our luxurious three bedroom penthouse with views of Edinburgh Castle and Arthurs Seat to our spacious studio, one, two and three bedroom apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Princes Street Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princes Street Suites At 16 Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh
- Princes Street Suites Edinburgh, Scotland