“Best pasta I've ever had!”
Review of Papilio Restaurant

Papilio Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 2,590 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$13 - US$46
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bruntsfield
Description: Family run Italian Restaurant since June 2004, serving a wide range of excellent Italian dishes. Children welcome (kid's portions) and Gluten Free Pasta available.
Reviewed 31 January 2015 via mobile

We ate at this restaurant last night, and I cannot fault the evening at all. The service was flawless, and the waiter was extremely attentive. Extensive menu with something for everyone - I had the agnolotti fico and can honestly say it was the best pasta dish I have ever had; and I worked in an Italian restaurant for five years, and papilio beats everything! You must go!

Reviewed 12 January 2015

I regularly visit this restaurant on my trips to Edinburgh and I am never disappointed. The restaurant is small and intimate with a great atmosphere and exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff. The menu is extensive with quality food and the wine list offers quality wines at very good prices. Looking forward to my next visit. The staff feel like old friends now.

Reviewed 11 January 2015 via mobile

We went for dinner with my brother and his partner and were not disappointed in what we got.

Restaurant is small but well laid out and it was busy as you would expect on a Saturday night.

This is a family run restaurant but a nice menu and their staff were very attentive and friendly.

Can't fault the food or value for money. If you are looking for tasty relaxed dining and nothing too fancy I fully recommend coming here.

1  Thank TheEdinBear
Reviewed 4 January 2015

Our family of 4, spanning 3 generations ALL thoroughly enjoyed our evening meal at Papilio. Food was very tasty and reasonably priced. Great attentive service.

Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

What a fantastic place to dine .

Italian food executed with simplicity and perfection .

Staff delightful and welcoming, who really look after you start to finish .

I will most certainly be returning ...