US$180
  • Breakfast included
US$114
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$160
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
1,457 results
All reviewsdrumsheugh gardenswest end of edinburghbreakfast in bedlovely hotelprinces streetbay windowdean villagesuperior roomquiet locationthird floorfull scottish breakfastwithin easy walking distancebeautiful roomhigh ceilingsbreakfast was excellentboth morningscity centre
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This is the second time we’ve had afternoon tea here and we won’t be back for a third. The sandwiches weren’t the freshest and the fillings weren’t the tastiest. The bar man was hardly around for us to order more drinks and the gin fizz tasted like gin and soda. Extremely bland and very disappointing

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sjb11077011
Bonham H, General Manager at The Bonham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear sjb11077011,

Thank you for your review of The Bonham Hotel, Edinburgh.

I was sorry to read some of your comments, and I have ensured that they have been passed onto the Head Chef and Restaurant Manager, so as they are able to review and action your comments.

We thank you for your feedback and should you wish to return to us in the future, then please let us know.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I had a wonderful stay with my partner. The communication I had with the hotel before my visit was prompt and answered all my questions as well as doing everything they could to accommodate my requests. Receptionist upon arrival was lovely; professional and friendly without it coming across forced or fake in any way. Our room was fine - not quite boutique standard though this was just a standard double. Decor was a little dated and parts of the functionality of the room did not seem thought out but our view was wonderful, looking out onto St Mary's Cathedral and to the water. Bathroom very nice and amazing corner bath, water always hot in bath and shower. I know they are renovating at the moment so look forward to seeing updated changes to the rooms when I return in the future. Wifi is complimentary and was fast and reliable.

Breakfast is one of the best you will find in town (and I've tried A LOT). Poached eggs superb (though would prefer muffin buttered - my fault for not requesting as I'm sure they would've obliged). Full buffet with fresh juice, fruit smoothie and all the pastries you could want to indulge in. Worth paying the £15 for.

Now, onto my main gripe with this place: coffee. In the rooms, we had instant coffee sachets available, and at breakfast, FILTER coffee is included but 'speciality' coffee costs extra, even if breakfast is paid for. I was aware of this before my visit and was also informed when ordering breakfast. Now as one of the pathetic few who cannot seem to enjoy the day without a decent coffee, there is no way filter coffee (and definitely not instant coffee) will cut the mustard. For the price you pay for a room I would expect at least one free double espresso with breakfast to be reasonable. I have also stayed in other hotels where simple nespresso machines and pods were provided, so surprised that in this day and age not even a cafetiere or Aeropress be provided with your room in a boutique hotel where you're paying hundreds for a night. I hope next time I return this has been considered as would honestly have made our stay much more enjoyable and luxurious. The espressos that we paid for were delicious, but with most homes now owning some sort of coffee machine, complimentary coffee should not be a stretch for a 4-star hotel. That being said, staff are lovely and was treated impeccably despite perhaps not being their usual clientele. They have a wonderful team and it makes all the difference.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Bonham H, General Manager at The Bonham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Tashimi,

Thank you for your review of The Bonham Hotel, Edinburgh.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that you also enjoy our Scottish Breakfasts. We are very lucky to have an excellent team here at The Bonham, and I was pleased to hear that you noticed this during your stay with us.

I would like to thank you for all of your feedback, and can assure you that we do review and action all feedback to the best of our abilities.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We've just come back from a 3night much needed break at the Bonham hotel and what can we say apart from its amazing. The reception, the bedroom,the restaurant are all really very tastefully decorated. Yes there is quite a lot of building work going on but we hardly noticed and it didn't bother us at all during our stay. The staff are all very friendly and welcoming and always have lovely smile. The bedroom was fantastic and for a top class restaurant really good prices too well worth the money. The breakfast was amazing too and all the staff were very friendly especially the lady who gave us directions to the correct bus to get to the castle. The hotel is amazing yes a little expensive and car parking in their car park is expensive but you know you are paying for quality and your car is safe in a city centre. We are already looking at our next trip can't wait to come back again. Thanks x

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear maxine d,

Thank you for your review of The Bonham Hotel, Edinburgh.

I was delighted to read your wonderful review following your 3 night trip to Edinburgh. I was pleased to read that you found the staff and facilities to your liking.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Dougla Campbell

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Beautiful hotel. Clean, stylish and comfortable. Room was large, overlooking a small park, bed was amazing and bathroom had White Company toiletries. Food in the restaurant was absolutely delicious and they accommodated our dietary needs without fuss. The staff were genuinely friendly, professional and happy.
We stayed here on a deal through Itison and I can honestly say it is the best bargain stay I have ever done. No 2-tier service for those who had paid top dollar.
Highly recommended

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie D

Dear Julie D,

Thank you for your 5 star review of The Bonham Hotel, Edinburgh.

I was delighted to read such a positive review following your stay with us, and I do hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I travel to Edinburgh every month for work and find the Bonham Hotel is a good place to stay. The rooms are great with comfortable beds and the breakfasts are excellent. The staff are friendly and very efficient.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank alistairn459
Bonham H, General Manager at The Bonham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear alistairn459,

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Bonham Hotel, Edinburgh.

I was delighted to read that you always return to us when staying in Edinburgh, and that you find our staff friendly and efficient.

We hope to welcome you back soon.