US$129
US$101
US$89
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

US$260
US$232
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$77
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

US$63
Novotel Edinburgh Park(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$106
US$120
  • Breakfast included
US$181
US$76
US$234
  • Bar/Lounge
Edinburgh Marriott Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$120
Priceline
1,506 results
All reviewsskerries restaurantcity centresister hotel across the roadmain buildingboutique hotelluxury roomlovely hotelbus stop rightfour poster bedminute walkhaymarket stationkippersnespresso machinebusy roadhonesty barbreakfast was excellentfree upgrade
Reviewed 14 August 2017

the best place I've stayed in in Edinburgh so far; the staff is very welcoming and provides excellent service; rooms are cozy and spotless; I especially enjoyed your whisky shower gel!

will definitely stay in again when in Edinburgh

highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
DunstaneManager, Manager at The Dunstane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hi there

Thank you so much for your review - we are so proud to be the best place you stayed in! Housekeeping will be delighted for their mention - aren't they wonderful! I look forward to meeting you in person next time

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We were flying in to start a 12 day golf trip and needed to find a place to stay for a night so we could expore the city. The Dunstane House worked out great. Rooms were very nice and comfortable. Staff was excellent and very accommodating. Bar was beatuiful and well stocked. Very convenient and short transportation to the city. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Hi there

Thank you so much to you and your group for choosing to stay with us. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your exciting trip around Scotland's golf courses.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

The main building at the Dunstane Hotel looks very attractive inside and out, but unfortunately my room was located in their less illustrious house across the street. Many of the 'average' ratings given to this hotel seem to have come from others who stayed there too. My 'wee single' was indeed wee, but fine for one night - though the furniture was not of especially high quality, and the lighting was either too low or harsh. Much worse, however, was the all-night road noise, even though my room was at the side of the building. In fact, I could hear it while I was in the bathroom even when wearing earplugs! But this was not as big a nuisance as the loud footsteps, creaky floorboards, clattering plates, and other kitchen noise *immediately* overhead from 7 am onward. It sounded at first as if someone was breaking into my room. All this despite having requested a quiet room. Ironically, when I pointed out my poor experience to staff, I was told that this was the quieter of their wee singles. I think the moral of this has to be: do not stay in a wee single unless you are immune to noise. Also, it would be better to stay in the main building if possible, especially at the prices the hotel is charging. Other features: decent breakfast; bit of a hike into the city but manageable; you have to cross a fairly busy road to move between buildings; excellent link to airport.

Room Tip: Avoid 'wee singles', and try to stay in the main building.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank John R

Hello John R

Thank you for leaving your comments although I am disappointed to see this review appear in spite of our conversations by email and on check out. The 'Wee' singles are indeed small, as advertised, as we do not want people to be under the wrong impression. I would not want to put future guests off staying in our 'Hampton House' - it is not 'less illustrious' just a different style to the Dunstane House and the rooms fall into a slightly cheaper price bracket so we can help accommodate all budgets. You may indeed always choose a 'luxury' room type in the main building should your budget allow but our classic rooms in Hampton House are modern, clean, well proportioned and with all the same amenities as the rooms in Dunstane House.

I am also sorry about the noise issue you suffered, we are currently working on some sound proofing for certain rooms to help with noisy guests.

As we discussed over email please feel free to contact me directly next time and I will assist in making sure you have chosen the correct room type and location for yourself.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We upgraded to the Dunstane Suite which was very nice although there was noise throughout the night from the road. The breakfast buffet was excellent but the cooked options were disappointing. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi there Kate N

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. I am sorry that breakfast wasn't to your liking - this is not normal for us, we do try to make breakfast one of the highlights not to be forgotten. Please let me know next time you are visiting and I will make sure we make amends for this.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I booked a single (wee) room for 3 nights in June and I enjoyed it a lot. My room was indeed small, but everything was in order and I slept well despite some noise from other guests late on the second night. The breakfast was lovely; lots of different choices and I can recommend the salmon with scrambled eggs. The hotel is situated about 20-25 minutes walk from Princes street, but the tram is not far away (Haymarket) and there are several buses to hop on if your legs are tired or you have lots of shopping bags to take back to the hotel. I would probably stay here the next time I visit Edinburgh.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Hello there

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay, I am glad you were comfortable for the most part and I do apologise about the noise from other guests that disturbed your sleep. Although we do try our best this can sometimes be difficult to control fully. Next time you come why not try a double room for a bit more space!