2,686 results
All reviewsprinces streetgreat locationscott monumentprivilege roomcastle viewwaverley stationchristmas marketbit datedsuperior roomcentral locationfew minutes walkhaggisshort breaklovely roomroyal milejennersbuses
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I use my words carefully and I never post a bad review BUT this hotel and its extremely unhelpful evening and night staff made this an imperative review so even if you have no where to stay in this fine city and everywhere is booked just DO NOT stay here. Rooms tired and not updated since the 80s/90s. Location is prime but this place struggles to earn the term hotel and halfway house would be more appropriate.
People travelling from abroad AVOID this hotel at all costs.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank steve s
James F, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh City - Princes Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I will share your comments with our team, I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Mercure for a weekend break. Perfect location for the old and new town. 5 minutes from the train station. Restaurant currently under refurbishment so small. Rooms dated but clean. Quite noisy, can hear people talking when passing room and doors closing.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katjm1
James F, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh City - Princes Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. We certainly hope to look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Noisy, hot, stuffy room, didn’t sleep- crowded breakfast room coffee machine not working no fruit salad, welcome gift forgotten, expensive, not value for money. Reception staff clueless. Returning to premier inn for next visit.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank dstevens65

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Located directly across from the train station in the center of everything. Good for walking and access to transportation, bad for any rest or a good nights sleep. Rooms were just average, and our was small even for European standards. In need of a renovation. Our breakfast was included in our tour and was shared by other groups, crowded, busy and lacked seating.

Room Tip: If you are love to be in the center of things, and do not care about the rooms quality, price and ease of meals, this maybe for you
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David J

Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Edinburgh City Princes Street Hotel. It is always helpful to receive feedback.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

I gave this hotel one star for the location. Thats the only thing going for it. Iron clad doors which barely open, stained rugs, narrow doorways and poor upkeep. Strange set up with the Tv diagonal to the bed. This for 200 pounds a night! This place needs work. Would not return

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Leena T

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I was very disappointed to read that your room did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.