“Great location ”

Edinburgh Central Guest House
Ranked #68 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

Great location. Nice clean room. Morag was lovely and very helpful. Found our room quite noisy and parking was very expensive. Good if you dont have a car. Apart from that it was an excellent stay especially leading up to christmas

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank minicraft

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Great location, great service from two ladies who dealt with us. Slightly noisy re bottle bins being emptied from nearby bars. Rooms large and roomy, only slight issue as toilet cistern took ages to fill ( room 15). Hence only 4 stars and not the 5
Breakfast basic but great value for what we paid..
Would definitely return thanks.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stefandjacks
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

We loved this place. Great location. Spacious clean room. Great selection for a continental breakfast and morag is a warm kind hearted person. A perfect host. Could not do enough for us. We booked for next year before we left lol.. thanks morag you are a star!! X

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mechelle M
Reviewed 13 November 2016

This is a welcoming homely place to say . We had a great visit to Edinburgh and our stay at the guest house made it feel like a perfect trip . Rooms was spacious beds comfy all bedding towels spotless lovely tea tray in room. Shared bathroom but didn't have any problems with this. Breakfast is continental nice choice hot tea and coffee friendly owners we would stay again . Very central not far to go any where really . Yep I'd recommend thanks for great stay .

Stayed: November 2016
1  Thank jackie g
Reviewed 12 October 2016

I chose this guest house with a few things in mind, I needed a safe place for one night and not in an extremely busy area but conveniently within distance of attractions and the bus station. This place did both.

I arrived at 11:45am after walking around the National portrait gallery, my room wasn't ready, understandable as check in is 12 but my host was happy to let me keep my backpack in the room and gave me my keys to my room and the house. I spent the whole day out and returned at 6 ish to finally check my room.

I got the single room shared bathroom not the small single room, just the regular single room. It was nice and spacious with a big bed, tv, towel, bathrobe and bar soap provided and an electrical kettle with mugs, tea and coffee. The room also had a wardrobe, bedside table,desk and chair, a chest of drawers. The shared bathroom was right next door, clean and chic with a hot shower.
The shower was a bit noisy which can be heard from my room, 18 but luckily for me no one took a shower at night.
Sleep was great, no outside noises heard from the street.

Woke up around 8:30 the next day just after other guests had used the bathroom. I wasn't running on a schedule so I had time to wait for the others to use it. It was nice that other guests kept the bathroom clean too.

Walked down for a continental spread breakfast. A mixture of cheese, cold cuts, sweet pastries, juices, cereal, yogurt, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, toast and scrambled eggs. A lovely mixture of food and drinks for a nice pick-me-up breakfast.

There are plenty of information pamphlets of available at the ground floor for visitors. My room was at the fourth floor so it is a bit of a walk if you're not keen on that. I noticed on the second or third floor, a nice wooden bench with a few books. Great stay and will definitely try another room next time I return.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo