“Shambolic ”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Subway
Ranked #2,247 of 2,514 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Description: Your local Subway® Store, located at Mall Café, Gyle Shopping Centre, Gyle Avenue. And it's one of the only places on the planet that can offer over 38 million different sub, salad or wrap possibilities (we're pretty proud of that as you can tell). We let you choose from our freshly baked breads made with British flour, and fill it with whatever your mouth, stomach and heart desires. Take your pick of our range of tasty cheeses (including vegan of course), our protein-packed meat selection and freshly cut veggies, as you bring your sub, salad or wrap to life. Toast it if you like and packed it full of protein and veggie goodness, you can top it off with your choice of our delicious signature sauces - from spicy, to creamy, to vegan, and everything in between. You can go meaty, go plant-based, go crunchy, go spicy, go saucy, or just go ALL OUT.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely shambles, waited 30mins for a wrap at lunchtime yesterday despite the queue being pretty small. Staff have no idea what's going on, prioritising deliveroo orders, making them up right in front of us. Lady behind me waited to find there's no chicken, a subway without a core ingredient like that, embarrassing. I had to ask twice to have cheese added to my wrap, the guy looked at me like I was daft. Also asked for it to be toasted, it wasn't. Once I paid, the guy serving pulled a long line of till receipts and accused mt card of being declined, advised me how to prove my payment had gone through (fully aware of how to use my phone thank you) to which I was able to show the payment was accepted. The whole experience was a farce, given its location and many people returning to the offices nearby, this could be a gold mine if ran properly. At the moment I can see many opting for Baguette Express further into the mall instead.

Date of visit: June 2022
Write a reviewReviews (3)
Reviewed 27 March 2022

Servers slow & uncoordinated lacking knowledge of the menu. Bread flat and stodgy and limited options available, very badly notified. Unable to accept card payments but no advance warning of this. Queued for 15mins, despite only 2 people with small orders in front of me only to be told while my roll was being made they could only accept cash. Worst service I’ve seen in Subway and I’ve been to many.

Date of visit: March 2022
1  Thank Sharon O
Reviewed 20 March 2022

Missing ingredients on an order; steak and cheese without cheese. Payed for extra cheese and they didn't even refund it. When you don't have the basic core ingredients for steak and CHEESE you should not be offering it. Ridiculous. Half the ingredients were missing and the bread was changed. Really should reflect or warn what you do or do not have on online orders. Last time I order from subway.

Date of visit: March 2022