US$107
US$89
  • Pool
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$177
US$168
Doubletree
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

US$197
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$265/night.

Novotel Edinburgh Park(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$110
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

US$186
US$154
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$302/night.

US$186
US$140
Priceline
US$277
US$258
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$330/night.

US$90
US$78
Priceline
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

US$76
ibis Budget
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
1,696 results
All reviewstuck boxprinting pressgeorge streetbeautiful hotelsuperior roomfresh milkevery member of stafflittle touchesperfect locationpublic areaschecking outbeautiful rooman upgradewonderful staybreakfast was excellentthe heart of the citycomfy bed
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We stayed at the Principal for three nights as we explored Edinburgh. From the moment we walked in until we checked out, the staff went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. The room was spotless, well-appointed, and comfortable. The location was great and was an easy walk from Waverly Station. It was easy to walk to the Royal Mile and see all of the sights. We can't wait to return and stay at this hotel again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
PrincipalEdinburgh, General Manager at The Principal Edinburgh George Street, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Sarah A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and publish this fantastic review.

I am delighted to read your comments regarding our staff and to hear that the team made your stay ‘memorable’. It’s great to get your valued feedback and I’m glad that you found your room to be ‘spotless, well-appointed and comfortable’.

Again, on behalf of myself and all the team here, thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the Principal Edinburgh in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We had an overnight stay at this beautiful hotel. They kindly upgraded our room to a suite which was a lovely surprise. Beautiful room, fabulous decor. A Tuck Box full of treats. Breakfast was in the Printing Press restaurant, which was very nice. Every member of staff was friendly, so thank you to them all. Will definitely visit again. Hopefully soon!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear TidyBetty,

It was lovely to read your recent review of the Principal Edinburgh George Street hotel and thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive response.

It was great to read your comments on the ‘fabulous décor’ and ‘beautiful’ rooms and the breakfast was ‘very nice’ in our on-site restaurant, The Printing Press Bar & Kitchen. I was also pleased to read your appreciation for the tuck box in the room.

We have a very passionate team here at the hotel, so it was lovely to read that ‘every member of staff was friendly’, we will ensure to pass your feedback onto the team.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I travel very frequently for business-every other week. I waited 17 years to bring my children to Scotland; I came three years ago and loved it. I selected this hotel because of the glowing reviews. By far, one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in for the money. Noisy lifts, wedding party took over the hotel lobby and restaurant. Staff tried to accomodate, but stuffed full of tourists and no options. So my kids on one floor and me in the basement was the proposal...instead, I am actoss from an elevator. Some dream vacation. Lot of money for listening to lift bells and elevator voices. NEVER AGAIN will I stay at a The Principle hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank XCalifGal

Dear XCalifGal,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and for choosing the hotel for your family reunion.

We value our guest feedback and would very much appreciate having the opportunity to discuss your experience further with you. If you would be so kind to contact our Guest Relations Team directly at EdinburghGuestRelationsGS@theprincipalhotel.com who would be happy to hear from you.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Location is perfect, and staff is efficient, available and colorful (lots of kilts, of course). Breakfast was excellent, with the expected haggis, but surprisingly no lox. It was also rather affordable, around 16 £. Our room was nice, equipped with everything you need plus bag of crisps and chocolate. The reasons I would not give this hotel maximum grade is, rooms are very noisy, and ours was located in a maze and obviously not in the main building as we had to take one elevator up and then again one down... Also, the hotel refused to provide us with a cot, arguing our son was too old for this (he is 2 years old and sleeps in cots everytime we stay at hotels). All in all, a good experience, but probably not our choice next time we stay in Edinburgh. I would recommend this hotel for couples though, probably not for families.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear WanderingProfessor,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us and for highlighting our central location on the stunning George Street.

I was very pleased to read your comments on our ‘efficient’ and ‘available’ staff here at the hotel and our colourful attire. We value our guest feedback and I look forward to reporting your comments back to the team.

We strive to create an experience tailored to each of our guests, so I was disappointed to read that certain aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations and that you experienced some noise disruption. We always make every effort to find the perfect room to suit each of our guests, so I do apologise that this has not been the case on your recent stay.

We appreciate your recommendation and hope you will visit again, giving us the opportunity to restore your faith in us. Please do contact our Guest Relations Team directly at EdinburghGuestRelationsGS@theprincipalhotel.com who will ensure you do not encounter these issues again.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This has to of been on of the best hotels I have ever stayed in! The staff were really nice the rooms were immaculate and stunning it's a 5 minute walk to princess street and is surrounded by a lot of nice bars I would highly recommend anyone stay at this hotel!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jhutch97

Dear jhutch97,

Thank you for posting this review of your recent stay and sharing your valued opinions with other travellers.

It was great to read that you felt the Principal was ‘one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in’ and the room was ‘immaculate’. I am delighted that you found the location of the hotel to be so convenient and that you would highly recommend the hotel.

Thank you again for choosing the Principal Edinburgh George Hotel and we hope to welcome you back again soon.