1,308 results
All reviews kyloe restaurant huxley bar jacuzzi bath end of princes street castle view room ghd straighteners junior suite boutique hotel taxi rank nespresso machine comfortable bed mini bar edinburgh castle central location small hotel full kitchen full scottish breakfast
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Great location. We booked 3 apartments, each one with stylish interiors, big and confortable, all équiped with kitchen. Breakfast at the pub next door was excellent though not included in the price. Excellent solution for a family trip.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Jamie G, Reception Supervisor at The Rutland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear RoxaneChili,

Thank you for your lovely review! I'm glad that you liked your apartments and agree that the breakfast served in The Huxley is perfect for setting you up for a day in Edinburgh.

I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous rooms, perfect accommodations, friendly service, great location. If you want to spend a little more money to stay in a nice place, pick The Rutland. Our apartment included a full kitchen so we were able to prepare meals instead of eating out all of the time. Cute views too. Also, the bathroom was equipped with a soaking tub and rainfall shower. Lovely!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Jamie G, Reception Supervisor at The Rutland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear Faithremains,

Thank you for your lovely five star review. I agree that the big baths in our apartments are perfect to relax in, and I'm glad you were able to make use of the kitchen during your stay. I hope you have the chance to stay with us again, it was a pleasure to host you!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Chose a castle view room and the view was stunning! From the moment of our arrival the staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was huge and very clean. The only caution would be that we did have a combination of elevator and stairs to get to our room. A little disappointed with breakfast in the restaurant, but that was easily overlooked by an overall great experience.

Room Tip: Castle view room was noisy, but the view outweighed the noise.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Jamie G, Reception Supervisor at The Rutland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear tudorwoods,

Thank you for a glowing five star review. I agree that you get a brilliant view of Edinburgh Castle from our Castle view rooms and it is a wonderful sight to wake up to. Because we are a listed property, we were not allowed to install a lift which goes all the way to the top floor. Our staff are always happy to help with luggage and if we are made aware of any accessibility requirements in advance we will allocate suitable rooms. I'm sorry to hear that your breakfast was disappointing. If you could send your feedback to amy.waterson@therutlandhotel.com we can use this to improve going forward.

It was a pleasure to host you during your time in Edinburgh, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Had a wonderful stay for Edinburgh Marathon Festival. Apartments are situated right at the end of Princess Street so really easy to navigate around the city with loads of things to do and see within easy walking distance.
We only stayed for one night but I would have loved to have stayed longer, there is plenty of room for a family of four or even 5 with an extra bed!
Funny thing, my wife noticed a faint smell (not unpleasant) of antiseptic (a bit like a dentists), in one of the rooms. We later found out that this block was where Joseph Lister lived when he was in Edinburgh. My wife thinks this is a wee bit paranormal, I just think they changed the cleaning products. Would be interested to see if anyone else has picked this up.

Room Tip: Our Apartment didn't have a lift and stairs are steep so would advise a lower floor if you don't like stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear jsmcdonald,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and intrigued to hear about your spooky experience! No one has mentioned the smell before, and Joseph Lister did spend time living on this street. I would love to hear if anyone else has picked up on this too. I'm glad you thought our apartments were spacious and that you were able to take advantage of our city centre location by exploring the city.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you back!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Arrived half an hour before check in time and room was not ready but we were able to leave our bags and head out .On our return our bags were in the room but unfortunately not the bottle of Prosecco which I had phoned and ordered and paid for a few days before our trip .The room (no7) was adequate but had a faint food smell when initially entering .Ths staff were pleasant and helpful and Kyloe Restaurant very good.it was a great location for us as we were attending The Kings Theatre

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Lesley Anne M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay with us. I'm happy to hear that our staff were friendly and helpful, although I am disappointed that the Prosecco you ordered was not in your room. I am sorry about this and hope it was rectified during the course of your stay. Thank you for letting me know about the food smell in your room. I'll be sure to look into this further. We are a short distance from the Kings Theatre so I'm glad our location suited you. I hope you enjoyed your evening at the theatre and that we get the chance to welcome you back!