“Poor food, service good”

Frankie and Benny's
Ranked #1,523 of 2,726 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Been to many different Frankie and Bennys- although food is good value the quality is getting worse in our opinion. Food was reheated and cold in places, and a bit bland. Service was good though and quick bite to eat.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

As a regular visitor at this restaurant for catch ups with friends, I was very disappointed with the service and the cleanliness of their facilities. My starter of the cheesy mushrooms was not even acknowledged at the time of the order when meant it was rushed out to me, there was only 6 or 7 button mushrooms served in a grey soup type liquid which I can only assume was supposed to be the melted cheese topping. I have ordered this before and it didn’t look like that.

The mains were all served on time and were hot, again mine looked rushed (pasta Carbonara) that also looked slight split.

The ladies toilets were in a disgusting state, out of the 8 cubicles, only 2 were in working order, well when I say working order, I mean had toilet paper and a toilet seat. Although the cubicle I used the toilet seat wasn’t even the right size and was mounted diagonal to make it fit.

To say they charged us full price for our meals, no apology discount for the fact my starter was delayed by 15 mins after my friends had been served, again very disappointed.

Won’t be going back and will be looking for a new place to meet and eat.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

A friend and I sat in this restaurant for 15 minutes waiting for our drinks order to be taken, at which point we were ready to order everything. We ordered drinks and my milkshake took a further 10-15 minutes to come at which point our starter had come. We then sat for 25 minutes waiting on our main when there was only 6 other tables. My BBQ steak wrap came with about 5% of the contents being chewy steak. Our chips were cold - shocker. My friends crispy chicken burger took the word crispy a bit too literally as it was bordering on black. The chef’s were much more interested in pissing about in the kitchen than making sure they didn’t over cook the food. The restaurant was cold which had put us in a bad mood to start with. And to top it off, the toilets were freezing, the tap water was cold and even the hand dryer was blowing freezing cold air. I do like Frankie and benny’s normally but I won’t be returning to the gyle any time soon.. maybe if they paid their heating bill we wouldn’t have been so annoyed in the first place. Just a thought..

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I’m a fairly regular visitor here as in maybe every couple of months over a few years

This restaurant has had most of the staff for a few years which is always a promising sign.

They often spread the staff over a few tables which is where comments on slow service comes from. Food can be ready for a few minutes before the server can get to it.

The food is always pretty decent and the portions are good sizes.

Definitely worth downloading the app for discount pricing before you visit.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We were staying over one night before a flight in the morning and decided to visit frankie's as it was close-by to the hotel.

The restaurant was freezing and relatively quiet.

We ordered our food and asked for everything to come as a main.

Surprise surprise this wasnt listened to and my husbands food came out as a starter. I was highly annoyed as the restaurant wasnt busy it wasnt hard to relay to the chef.

We sent the food back as we wanted to eat together.

Food was sat in the pass for ages before servers took it to the table, literally some meals must of sat for 7-10 mins and the place was so quiet.

When the food arrived it wasnt of great quality and my chips were cold.

The server had a bad attitude ever since i complained about the food not coming out at the correct time.

We certainly wouldnt visit again. It seems to be common accross the whole brand though, its always poor.