“Attentive staff, nice food”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #1,203 of 2,729 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$14 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, Pizza Express offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. Delicious, freshly made pizza with a take away service so you can have your tasty pizza to go. Whatever the occasion, Pizza Express is the perfect choice. Why not book your next children’s birthday where kids get to make their own pizza and play party games while our talented chefs cook your little ones creations?
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We turned up with no booking but despite being busy they had a table. The kids were given things to keep them busy and after a few minutes a very nice waiter took our order. The kids enjoyed their 3 course meal and our youngest had a lovely small margarita pizza. My other half loved his pizza, it had the centre filled with salad and I had a very nice pasta dish. All hot, all tasty and we didn't have to wait too long. Was nice to see the food being made in a constantly busy kitchen. The staff were very nice and we really enjoyed our meal.

Richard P, Manager at Pizza Express, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely review. We appreciate all feedback and use it to improve our customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Ok firstly the pizza, yes it’s standard pizza express fare but we had a very well cooked hot and tasty set of pizzas so can’t complain about that at all. Staff member was also polite and helpful.
However, we looked round when a small commotion started to see a lady with two small children struggling with her napkin on fire. She got it 9nto floor and tried to stamp it out but this just made it worse and the small fire spread. Fortunately we spotted this and grabbed her water jug and through it over her foot and fire. So all was ok but close, if it had fallen into the booth then the children would have been in a small amount of danger.
So my request here to any CORPORATE PIZZA EXPRESS lurkers who don’t respond. Please send me a message so we can discuss this. Candles nice but not sure you need real flames when so many little kids around?

Richard P, Manager at Pizza Express, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and your positive comments. We truly appreciate all feedback and use it to improve our service. In regards to the tea light it is a company standard. I can pass your comments onto head office but if you wish to discuss this further please contact me via email peoceanterminal@gmail.com

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Came here with my partner today and was standing waiting to be seated and the tubby blonde girl wearing jeans(the only girl wearing jeans afternoon 25thFeb) stormed past and said 'you'll be seated after the people in front of you have been seated' she wasn't friendly and didn't even stop..we were eventually seated and had our meal which was just ok...a bit bland...waitress was friendly, foreign girl with purple/pink hair....when we left the tubby girl was standing at the door and didnt even acknowledge us...she needs a lesson on basic customer service... we won't be back.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

I have to say I love Pizza Express in general and visit frequently with my children. My issue is with the manager of this particular branch who point blank refused to make a small change to the dessert option for the children's menu, even when I said I did not mind paying the difference. The other Pizza Express restaurants have all been flexible and no question about even paying extra. This makes this branch stand out unfortunately. Manager needs to think about customer service.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we apologise for not getting it right for you on this occasion. If you would like to discuss this in further detail please contact us via peoceanterminal@gmail.com
We appreciate all feedback and endeavour to improve our customer service. We hope to get it right on your next visit.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch with grandad and Freddie who’s 7 months old and it wasn’t boring!

We were shown to our table and were a bit puzzled as we were given crayons and a colouring in book which we thought odd at first as he does look his age.

We were given our menus and a lovely waitress asked for our drinks order. She was really helpful by removing the wine glasses and crayons saying “your a bit little for these”.. we placed our order and our waitress asked me if I would like my pizza cut into sections as I must have looked like an octopus trying to keep Freddie happy and stopping him from pulling everything off the table and to feed him.

My pizza came and it was so worth the wait it was delicious, it was a goats cheese, spinach and caramelised onion pizza. Pandra or something like that. My husband was trying to get a taste so tried swapping. Well it wasn’t really a swap more “can I have a slice” so I gave him and let him steal a slice.

When I went to pay I said I would pay by card. So the guy did my bill and I was just going to select “pay gratuity” and I didn’t get chance to make my choice as the guy had already selected “No” and I did say that I was okay paying via my card. I didn’t have a bean on me so I couldn’t leave a tip for the lovely waitress. So I left but would def come back as it was a nice lunch but I wish I’d taken the name of our waitress.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely review. I’ll ensure to pass this on to our team, we use all feedback to aid us improving our customer service. We hope to be welcoming you and Freddie back soon!