US$147
US$119
  • Pool
US$146
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$182
  • Restaurant
Novotel Edinburgh Park(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$147
ibis Budget
US$459
US$645
US$533
All reviewsindian furniturelovely old buildingbus stopcity centrehaymarket stationprincess streetmurrayfieldcoatesbuses
Reviewed 1 October 2017

The building looks very nice, and the receptionist who welcomed me was very nice and attentive (the ones I met the following days were not that friendly). The room was clean and quiet, nice, however the shower did not really work (very hot or very cold water, impossible to adjust) and it's important to be able to shower normally... Another problem was the wifi connection that was quite bad and almost did not work from the room. Also, the breakfast is expensive and not very good but luckily there was a great breakfast place at like 5/10min from there.
If the shower problem is solved, I wouldn't mind staying in that hotel again, it was not expensive and is quite near the city centre (15-20min walking if I remember well).

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I booked my room months ago for an overnight stay whilst attending a wedding reception. I rang the hotel direct and then compared the price online. Booking via the hotel I got it slightly cheaper and continental breakfast.

I arrived rather late and John on reception had the room ready and it was on the bottom floor as I had asked (I struggle with stairs). John was so helpful and gave lots of good advice on local transport and was even willing to call a local taxi for me.

The hotel was more than what I expected for a budget hotel on a September Friday night in Edinburgh. I've paid much more and slept in far worse. Clean, comfy beds with lovely soft towels. Admittedly there are a few things that could improve (our bedroom carpet was rather tired) but I loved the beautiful original cornicing and the simple decor. There is a lovely outside patio area and the garden furniture (elephant and rickshaw) are just lovely.

Breakfast was a simple continental affair (toast, OJ, yogurts, fruit, tea/coffee) but considering that most hotels charge extra for breakfast I was quite happy.
All in all, I would definitely book this hotel again and would happily recommend to family and friends. I feel I've won a watch and would stay again if I need to go back on to the city and would advise contacting the hotel direct for their best price!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Right, this is more of a budget hotel but the rooms are actually quite big. The location is good if you're heading more towards Haymarket or the Zoo, rather than the City Centre.
There was some mould in the bathroom but in general our room was quite clean and comfy. Except for the fact the heating worked only in the bathroom.
The real disappointment was the service. We had asked for a cot bed for our toddler. When we arrived, there was no such thing in the room. I had to remind the receptionist about this and he didn't even apologise to us. First, he brought us a broken cot bed. Then, he dragged a new cot bed, dumped it at the entrance of the room and left us (two women) to move it to the other end of the room with some furniture on the way. Not very pleasant.
Then we got really cold and as I said it turned out the heating in the room wasn't working. I went to the reception again - there was no one there, so I had to buzz (twice) and wait for a while until the same guy appeared. He was aware that the heating in our room was out of order, so he gave us a portable heater - he could have done this in the very beginning.
The last drop was the fact we could barely sleep. The pipes in the building make horrible loud noises, the tap for the hot water in our bathroom was even worse. With the portable heater off, it got really hot during the night, so we tried to open the window - the only way it would stay open is if you put a towel underneath it. The towels by the way were really good - big, clean and thick.
So overall - the building needs some refurbishment (like fixing the pipes, taps and heating) but the bigger problem was the terrible service. Otherwise - good location and pleasant, good-sized room. With better service I would rate it 4 out of 5 for balance of price and quality of accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Our room was the front downstairs, we were worried about noise but it was surprisingly quiet, we had to keep blinds closed so we could not see guests coming and going.

Bed was big and comfy, room was decorated in Indian theme which was nice, but needs updating.

Could not fault the staff or anything else

Only disappointment was we booked there thinking they had car parking - which their website doesn't explain properly and had to pay 16 pounds in parking in a near by street

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2017

The Staff the breakfasts, the new refurbishment almost finished here is brilliant. Just can't say enough about the staff and the hotel and the area and the buses at the door step. This is a quality building recently decorated and has new managment and well trained staff. The staff are wonderful and what make this hotel is so special to return to time and time again. Central so near Haymarket and Murrayfield. Ideal for shoping trips and a visit to Edinburgh. We stay this hotel to go to Murrayfield Ice Rink. 20 mins walk or 2 mins on a bus. This hotel is so central to everywhere in Edinburgh

Room Tip: Street view has a view of Edinburgh Castle and Surrounding Hills
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family