“A gem of a find!”

Price range: US$7 - US$78
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Frizzante is a family run restaurant with over 30 years experience. Situated in the centre of Edinburgh on Lothian Road in the Heart of the theatre district, a stone's throw from the main shopping district, Frizzante prides itself on serving the finest in Mediterranean and Neapolitan cuisine. With daily and monthly specials as well as our a la carte menu, you're sure to find something to satisfy even the fussiest eater. All food is freshly prepared on the premises. As well as vegetarian meals we have wide range of gluten free dishes. We are fully-licensed and have an excellent wine list and a selection of beers and lagers.
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

On equal par, the best thing about this superb little an assuming place, is the food and equally the staff. The food is authentic and fresh (they can try to accommodate things like glutn free!), and even simple things are not a problem. The staff, been here a few times, are friendly, but unobtrusive. Chatted each time.

I'm aware the Festival due to descend, it will be Very Very busy.

But if experience is anything to go by, they manage to exceed your expectations every single time.

I had pepperoni and chicken pasta. Friend had cannelloni. Then tiramisu. Only meant to stop for two courses, before Film House, but ended up with coffee and liquors.

If only in Edinburgh for visit, or a local who has never tried, you will go home eager to recommend.

Opposite Film House, near Lyceum, Usher Hall, and Odeon.

My favourite Edinburgh restaurant!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Went here based on the great reviews and food was delicious. We had Wild Boar Ravioli and also Lasagna and both were delicious. They have a good wine list and even have locally made gelato for dessert.

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Quaint place with lots of choices on menu. A bit loud when its full but ok as everyone is having a great time.

If you want good Italian while in Edinburgh this is a good place.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I was on my way to the press night for the Edinburgh Royal Military Tattoo, I have been driven past the restaurant several times by Victor Macari, so thought I would try, not really knowing what it would be like. Did not look at the reviews, I forgot really. On entering there are tables on the left for couples or singles the open kitchen followed by a bar on the right. I was greeted by all in the kitchen, had a table immediately opposite. Had a moretti beer rossa, not often seen in uk (favourite is moretti Grand Cru) and ordered the spaghetti fruiti de Mare. Watched it being cooked. When it arrived in a lovely tomato Ragu with chopped basil, there was more seafood than I have ever had anywhere else cooked to perfection. King prawns , mussels exceptionally fresh, vongole lovely and sweet, calamari superb. Pity I had to get to the queue or would have stayed for dolce, should have done as tattoo doors opened 45 minutes later than advertised. Restaurant was very busy, I would recommend booking if going at weekends. Be back in November when in town for the rugby.

Cheeko83, Owner at Frizzante Proseccheria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review, If you make it back for the rugby let me know and I'll speak to my supplier and try and get the Moretti Grand Cru for you.

Jonathan Chierchia

Reviewed 31 July 2017

As soon as you enter you're greeted by most of the waiting staff and even the chefs which is lovely! The decor is so cute and quaint - little booths and tables surrounded by dim lighting and greenery - it's such a nice atmosphere for a quiet meal. I ordered an Aperol Spritz - which was one of the best I had in Edinburgh, and a Margherita pizza - which was one of the best I've ever had! A limited-ish vegetarian menu is my only slight criticism, but even so the Margherita was a winner. The staff were lovely and I would highly recommend.

1  Thank Emmy B
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Very good family run classic Italian Restaurant in central Edinburgh near Lyceum, Usher Hall, Film Theatre and Traverse. Excellent pre theatre menu.