“Perfect!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Grassmarket 521

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Olivia J
Bollington, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

What a great little place! I felt right at home and would have even considered moving in if I had the opportunity ;)

The apartment is in a wonderful location, the stairs and corridors did take a little getting used to but I'm only in my 20's, not quite sure how someone elderley would find this, but its definitely worth it!

Although some times noisy at night (it was the weekend and we slept with the window open) I couldn't fault this place, I cooked most nights and every morning we were there and the kitchen had everything, there was even some olive oil in the cupboard!
The seating areas were adequate for two people and the bed was a dream!
I found the shower a little on the small side, I'm not used to using a cubicle, but it wasn't a problem.

Located just off grassmarket with a Sainsburys down the road, a cafe and cocktail bar opposite, it was just perfect!

Lynne suggested the NCP car park on Castle Terrace, this is the nearest but is quite pricey, I parked on Riego Street, this is an underground car park under the royal bank of scotland, although access is restricted at some times, I found it safer and cheaper, its not too far away, only a few minutes walk and cost me £45 for 3 nights and 4 days, I left my car there for our entire stay!

All in all, I would like to thank Lynne for offering this beautiful place and will definitely return!

Your age range 18-24
Friends getaway
Ziegfeld...
London
“Very Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

I stayed here with my 10 yo godson and we had a great time. The apartment was a prefect size for the two of us with a very comfy sofa bed for him to use - really good quality mattress. The location was very good for the Grass market, Castle ( great views as you enter the apartment ) and the top end of the Royal Mile. Instructions for access were very clear and helpful. Also close to a number of bus routes for longer journeys.
Everything we wanted was in the apartment including kitchen utensils as I cooked mostly during our stay. Very good heating which made it lovely and cosy when it was chilly outside. Location also very good for a supermarket 2 mins away for basics although I found a better selection if you walked 10 mins up to Shandwick Place. Plenty of cafes, restaurants within a couple of minutes walk if you don't like to cater for yourself.
Furnishings were good and the place was very clean.
This is a compact apartment but it's been very well set out , has everything you need and was very good value for money - much cheaper and more comfortable than staying in a hotel.
Fast wifi.
Lynne was very helpful and easy to contact during booking and with other queries I had before we stayed. She has also provided excellent information about all the appliances in the apartment and lots of tourist information.
I would very happily stay there again.

Liked best: Location and comfort
Liked least: The shower cubicle is rather small.
Travelling group: Young Children
Older travelers
catheeTon...
Tonbridge
“Central comfy flat.”
Reviewed 16 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

So glad we chose this flat. It was as described. The location was perfect for seeing the sights on foot and five mins form restaurants and tour bus. Flat was clean ,comfy and warm. The block it is in would not win a prize for its looks ,but do not let that put you off . I would book this flat again . It was good value and better than a hotel because it was more comfortable
There is a mini supermarket under five mins away if you want to cook but we enjoyed eating out and not having to drive back. Owner helpful..

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and the flat itself
Liked least: The look of the block of flats
Friends getaway Older travelers
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Liked best: Proximity to town
Liked least: many steps to travel with luggage.
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
imacato
Maryland
“Cozy flat in excellent conditions, child-friendly, and in prime location”
Reviewed 15 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Grassmarket 521. The flat seemed to have been recently refurbished, and it had everything we needed for us and our daughter. The flat is within walking distance to Grassmarket, the Castle, and the Edinburgh International Conference Center. Lynne made sure we had everything we needed and was always available to respond to our questions. I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Edinburgh.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: We felt like we were home
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing