“Great Gellatto.”
Review of Mary's Milk Bar

Mary's Milk Bar
Ranked #2 of 67 Dessert in Edinburgh
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Mary's Milk Bar provides a cosy wee space to enjoy all things gelato and chocolate, Everything is made by Mary in her little laboratory in the back of the shop. There's real ice cream milkshakes, traditional floats and sundaes and handmade artisan chocolate gifts. The 1930s interior looks out at the majestic Edinburgh Castle.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Mary's Milk bar Ice Cream is a must try if you are in Edinburgh but be warned the flavours are absolutely spot on! The Salted Caramel was stunningly good with what tasted like actual sea salt in the caramel. The reason I warn is due to the Malt and Walnut which I got which tasted a bit too spot on (I have no idea why I asked for it.) My girlfriend got Hot Cross Bun flavour for Easter which tasted so realistic it was bonkers. My only critique of this place is that I'd like to see a bit of a larger variety but saying that I think they do rotate flavours anyway.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped here after reading reviews. It’s a lovely place and thankfully it was quiet so we got a seat. We had two cappuccinos that were presented beautifully on a tray. We had two scoops of ice cream, milk and hot cross bun which was the special on for Easter. It was very relaxed and great to get away from the hustle and bustle.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

With the risk of repeating what other reviewers have said, best ice cream in Edinburgh. There was a queue and no place to sit, that's how popular it is. The ice cream was simply amazing, big and delicious.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Such an adorable little ice cream shop with amazing views of Edinburgh Castle. After seeing a video on Facebook of this shop, I sought this place out during my trip to Scotland. It did not disappoint.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I am so happy we stopped in for desert - my strawberry ice cream cone was incredibly refreshing, and too sweet to the point where I would feel ill.