“What a wonderful discovery”
Review of Cafe andamiro

Cafe andamiro
Ranked #446 of 2,849 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$4 - US$7
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I had never tried Korean cuisine since I went to Cafe Andamiro and I got crazy for this food! It is simply wonderful! I took a starter and another course and I was completely full! Portions are huge and the price is very honest. Waitress are very kind and they always have smile on their faces, this makes you feel very comfortable, they are available to explain you the best way to eat the food. The cuisine is so good, I usually don’t eat tofu (I’m vegetarian) but they prepared it with such mastery that I didn’t realise that I was eating it! The food was a little spicy, but in a way that you can taste all the flavours that compound the dishes (not everyone is able in doing this) and courses are presented in such a good way that it is a pleasure for your sight! Compliments to the chef! They used to give miso soup for free to combine it with your meal and it is great! I was so pleased to read their tea menu where they explain the properties of every herbal tea that they have, it is such a lovely thing to do!
The environment is friendly, simple and clean. I loved it! If you are in Edinburgh and want to try something very special you should go there!

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We came once for some soup in a rush and it was good, but our friends told us we should go back in the afternoon for tea and coffee, so we did and for our surprise their cakes are just as good as the food and some of the best cakes you can have in Edinburgh in our opinion. We really enjoy the cakes and would definitely recommend anyone that have been there for a meal to try the cakes as well

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I really am struggling to find the perfect words to represent the amazing service/food me and my 2 other friends received from this amazing restaurant! Ordered the chicken katsumo and definitely was not disappointed...completely authentic to the last grain of rice. Thank you so much and hope standards of food continue. Thanks for an outstanding visit!

Reviewed 9 June 2018

Wonderful food and service. Everything is fresh and delicious with friendly service in a laid-back atmosphere. Japanese and Korean dishes are equally authentic. Try Okonomiyaki, Korean Fried Chicken, Yakisoba...it's all excellent. No licence but you can BYOB. Really really good value!

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Cheap but really quality food, polite staff and nice ambiance! Take away onigiri for when you are busy studying and not starving. I highly recommend this place- a very nice blend of Japanese and Korean cuisine! <3 By far my favourite cafe in Edinburgh - I’ve been going there for years, for meetings, with friends or alone..

Date of visit: July 2017