“Very enjoyable ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I was slightly hesitant about going here with the few bad reviews however I shouldn't have worried.

I've been to America and Canada and the wings are as good (if a little smaller) here. The sauces were all very nice, I particularly liked the honey mustard and blue cheese. Good value too at £4 for 6 wings.

For sides the tortillas were nice as well but not much choice on this front though if you're coming here you know it's for wings.

Good selection of beers and very tasty shakes (a nessecity for the suicide hot wings). The staff were also very friendly and helpful.

Recommend.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

I came to eat in this restaurant after many friends have advised me this place. It is near Cowgate and it is amazing for all the references to the fantasy/sci-fi world all over the place. It is quite small, but I felt cozy and not suffucated. The wings and sauces are amazing and the price is quite low compared to kind of everywhere in Edinburgh. I will certainly come here again.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Of the whole chicken probably the thighs, drumsticks and wings are the best part of a chicken. Whenever I get the chance to get good wings, I will jump on it. So one day, we decided to come to Wings to give it a try since everyone was recommending it. The place is a very chilled laid back area and the staff here are extremely hip and nice.

Being a chicken wings fan I know how the best wings should taste like. They should be extremely juicy, greasy with a crunchy skin after they have been deep fried. When you suck on the part with 2 bones, they should just literally come off straight away from the bones and you tear the meat from the joints of the 2 bones.

Honestly, I am unsure why there was such a big hype about this place. The wings here tasted like they have been cooked from frozen and not fresh. The reason is because the wings were dry and tough. If they were cooked from frozen or not overcooked they should not be dry and tough.

The sauce however, there are plenty to choose from and I have no doubt they have the most range of sauce and they are pretty good. So, I gave them an extra star for the sauce. However, the wings? I think it was just mediocre wings under some good sauce. So .. Wings? Sauce? Wings? Sauce? What are you here for? I think I will give it a pass in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Quirky American themed diner with fun decor that specialises in wings. I'm not usually a huge wing fan and loved it. As a lover of spicy food you can trust their hot sauce to be respectively hot big there are plenty tasty offerings for those who favour milder palates including some delicious sweet basted ones. Very easy to over order so ask the waiters if in doubt. Service was fast and friendly and there were great drinks and milkshakes to wash it down. This place also has playable retro games consoles which are super fun and addictive and adds another element to the experience. If wings are your thing of you want to try something unpretentious and fun then this is a must.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

The place is nicely decorated but the food is very disappointing. The texture of the wings was dry and rubbery. It seemed they precooked the wings then microwave and pour sauces over them when ordered.

As suggested by the name of the restaurant and their menu, they specialise in wings and I would expect them to serve properly cooked wings. I was really disappointed with the food served.