Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,509 results
All reviews georgian suite black room george street luxury double room white company toiletries mini suite ghd straighteners breakfast in bed itison deal mini bar beautiful hotel huge bed little touches birthday treat walk in shower overnight stay fantastic stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are a family of four and had a great stay at the hotel. The staff were warm and friendly and in particular Eilidh was brilliant
We enjoyed cocktails outside and stayed for dinner. The interiors and ambiance were very cool!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have visited Tigerlilys numerous times before for drinks and food so was very excited about staying there. My partner had booked the “Ultimate Sleepover” package which was £375 for one night. Various parts of this package were not received i.e. Cantinis on arrival (we weren’t sure what they were but there was nothing on arrival!), dipped strawberries, mimosas with breakfast etc. Also various things wrong with our breakfast in room order (white coffee instead of black etc) that when I tried to call reception about there was no reply. It also didn’t arrive within the half hour time slot booked. Room was nice and spacious but a bit tired - bathroom door handle fell off which we reported to reception that afternoon but it had not been fixed by the time we left the following day. Dinner was not as nice as we had had on previous visits - small portions, overpriced and nothing special. All in all a disappointing stay for the price and the hotel shouldn’t advertise special packages if they can’t fulfil what’s meant to be included in them. We mentioned our issues to reception when checking out and they said they would scrap our bar bill. This was only for 2 small beers and a glass of Prosecco so not sure this was great compensation but we accepted it at the time. We won’t be back anytime soon unfortunately and definitely not for one of the special packages.

Reviewed 11 August 2021

We stayed for one night on a Sunday as part of a weekend away and unfortunately had a very poor nights sleep due to the noise from the nightclub in the basement.

The hotel was in a great location and it was easy to park up outside to drop cases and then use the local multi-story car park which the hotel gives a very good discount for. The staff we spoke to on reception were very friendly and helpful and stored our cases as we arrived a bit before check in. Our room was really big with good amenities like robes and hair straighteners.

Our room was on the first floor and the noise from the nightclub in the basement was so loud we didn’t sleep between midnight when it started and 4am when the club closed. Although it’s marketed as a lively hotel it’s not acceptable to not be able to have any sleep due to noise, this obviously hasn’t been a problem during covid with the club closed but I have seen prior to March 2020 other complaints about this. I would think if you were on floor 3 or above it might have been ok. Credit to Natalia the assistant manager who dealt with our complaint very well in the morning and said they would ensure in future they mentioned the noise to people booking.

Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

If I could give 3.5 stars then it might reflect better my experience! Firstly & I perhaps blame myself for this, I didn’t realise that the Tigerlily rather than being a traditional hotel is more like ‘luxury rooms above a trendy bar’. On looking at the photos when weighing up where to stay I liked the look of the quirky lounges etc & envisaged myself coming back after a day’s sightseeing and chilling in one of these areas of the hotel, but it isn’t like that. The bar is very lively & popular with non residents and although we did get a drink there it wasn’t the kind of place where you just spontaneously pitch up & relax in the lounge/bar area like other hotels, most of the best areas of the bar were reserved or full and we wanted the flexibility to come and go as we pleased without making a booking. So the hotel kind of felt more like a fancy B&B ie we only really accessed our room & the breakfast area.

Our room was nice, spacious and comfortable & I think we booked a standard room, but it seemed more spacious & well equipped that other ‘standards’. I will say that we didn’t hear any hotel noise on the 2nd floor. However we felt that the service/housekeeping was a bit lacking, things were not replaced each day, leaving us with no biscuits, teabags & water. We did get these items replenished when we called reception, but I don’t want to have to call reception really for this kind of basic stuff.

The breakfast was really delicious. I was expecting a standard buffet, but it was a la carte from a breakfast menu which had some great options, loved the waffles! We were also able to get breakfast room service for no extra charge, which was great.

The staff were all friendly. Yes, as some have mentioned due to the popularity of the place there are hostesses at the front entrance of the Tigerlily checking whether people had reservations, but as hotel residents we were never stopped or made to feel we had to get permission to come in.

It’s a beautifully decorated hotel and I loved the flowers everywhere, amazing, & seems to be a ‘thing’ in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 8 August 2021

We had an amazing stay at tigerlily in a great sized room which was spotless, an amazing mini bar and tea/coffee facilities.
Murray’s customer service was outstanding and provided an amazing experience to our stay, we will def be back.
Highly recommended.