“Expected a lot more”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited Petit Paris on the basis of the many good reviews, unfortunately the food was very average. The starter was average, and the portions were really small, I had salmon which was over cooked and pretty dry, the sauce was delicious but the fish wasn’t that enjoyable to eat. My partner ordered medium rare Steak and hers was also pretty dry and over cooked . It also took so long between the starter and the main which seem to have been an issue with the grill. The french wine was awesome as you’d expect and the staff were friendly. Overall the food didn’t do it for me and I am disappointed.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,485)

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Lovely small French restaurant with both French food and French staff. My partner and I both enjoyed homemade soups, and mains (of beef bourginon and chicken) along with a bottle of wine for 45 pounds. Flavours and service were great.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Interesting menu. Large portions. Good wine and service. Seems small but there is more space downstairs, which gets you away from the draught when the door opens on a cold night.

Open daily

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I know, I know. You go to France for French cuisine and Scotland for food on a dare, I know. But one can only eat so much haggis and besides, these days even Scotland has a growing trend of inventive chefing.

Edinburgh and Glasgow are very international towns. That means you'll find the best of many worlds within reach.

Petit Paris was on the recommended list of our AirBnB host and it also happened to be right across the street in a beautiful cobblestoned area lined with restaurants and pubs.

I went on my own and was pretty comfortable doing so. Everything and I mean everything was phenomenal, from the country cottage decor, the charming staff, prompt service and the made from scratch (and the heart) mouth watering fare.

I liked it so much I brought my friend in when she arrived a couple days after and a couple weeks later when my sister arrived.

I love Scotland. I will eat haggis neeps and tatties till they're coming outta me ears, but when something is this good, you need to break from the Scottish experience and take in a little Parisian moment.

There are little tables outside, but we opted for the indoors where it was lively, but a bit quieter. I'd say this place is good for couples, family, friends, solo and business.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Quite a small restaurant where the tables are very close. But that just seems to add to the buzz - quite noisy with conversations. The food is superb. I ordered the (safe French) onion soup and coq au vin and they were fantastic. Prices were good and service/timings were spot-on. Very friendly greeting, service and au-revoir - opening the door for us, on leaving (no, we hadn't caused trouble!). Very busy so I recommend booking. Definitely highly recommended