“Poor quality food and service”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Ranked #1,341 of 2,653 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Have been to many TGI Fridays and generally satisfied with the food and service, this fell well below par. Service was slow (nearly 2 hours for two courses and two drinks) although restaurant wasn’t full. Food wasn’t good quality, corn on the cob was congealed, kids chicken dry and rubbery, and the ribs were really greasy. We were sold cokes, full of ice, when we asked for refills we were told they had changed the menu and couldn’t sell refills because of the sugar content. We pointed out that the menu was the same and refills still appeared for £3.00. The waitress stalked off to talk to someone, then came back and said it’s fine the manager will take this one off the bill the menu is wrong. For an American style chain selling ice creams and sweet shop sundaes to kids it’s a bit rich- we could drink as much coke as we like as long as we wanted to pay £3.10 per glass of ice with draft coke in, and you could buy as many high sugar cocktails and milkshakes as you like too. It’s hardly a chain that focuses on healthy eating. Has really put me off and won’t be going again.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

1) ordered then told the kids dinner was out as they didn't have any pizza bases left
2) re ordered, cancelled chips
3) agreed we would have all food together
4) Starters came and had no knives, had to wait for cutlery, starters where OK but there is hard fried noodles that are 'break your teeth' style.
5) table cleared then waited a long time for mains, then when they arrived they where luke warm. I can only think that is was due to them sitting under a lamp rather that the chef sending it out like that.

I'll not be back, food felt like it was mostly reheated and service was fairly poor. Wifi also needed too much personal information.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

My husband ordered the half rack of ribs and it was really small. Food was tasty overall but definitely go for the full ribs and large nachos as way better value for money. Service was slow for 5pm on a Sunday and pretty empty.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed recent visit. Mix up with our order so they delivered a burger when i had ordered ribs. Quickly rectified gave me a bowl of chips to nibble while i waited rhen

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

We visited last night for endless apps, they've changed it slightly in that you now need to download a code from their app to get them.

They've also changed the menu slightly and taken away some favourites. I wasn't too keen on the new stuff - southwest edamame beans was an absolute massive heap of them - way too much for one person, still in the pods and rolled in a touch of seasoning. I won't be ordering that again!

The boneless hot wings are now in scorpion sauce rather than sriacha and not as good. I'm gutted as they were my favourite!! Please bring back sriacha sauce TGI's!!!!