“Best Burgers!”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 1 June 2017

This place was recommended by friends and I went here for my Birthday dinner! They had buffalo and other meats as well as the traditional beef.... I had to have a buffalo burger, as I LOVE buffalo...

They place was very busy, and I would recommend a reservation. This was a wonderful place for burgers. Even my vegetarian friends love this place! Highly recommend it!!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Visited with a large group of friends for dinner recently. The staff were really patient and friendly with our large group (particularly as we didn't all arrive on time) - took our order as soon as possible, and the food arrived surprisingly quickly!

Excellent burgers enjoyed by all - and the wide range of toppings meant there was something for everyone. Sides of chips to share (as recommended by the staff) definitely the way to go - we didn't listen to their advice and each had our own - resulting in far too much food!

Overall excellent food, good service, and great rugby on the TV! Thanks guys!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

We moved here after visiting the Oxford bar - the contrast was amazing - a much bigger pub but the staff were very accommodating for a large party of us , very friendly and helpful, a complete contrast to the surly nature of the bar staff at the Oxford.

the beer was excellent and the food looked very good and seemed to be getting good comments from other diners. Now on out list of good Edinburgh pubs..

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

After reading the reviews we maybe had high expectations for the burgers but they were so bland, dry, and overdone. Can't believe this has the highest ranked burger in Edinburgh. Very nice ambience and the employees were great.

1  Thank btravel17
Abi W, Manager at The Cambridge Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

I am very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the food on your visit to the Cambridge Bar. We take the standard of our homemade food very seriously and would have happily cooked new burgers for you had you let us know at the time that you were dissatisfied. We really appreciate your comments on the staff as we have a great team and we hugely value customer service. Please contact me directly on abi@thecambridgebar.co.uk as we would love the opportunity to have you back.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

This is my favourite pub in Edinburgh especially for watch sports. The landlord was especially kind to put on a key football match on one out of the many screens whilst the rest of the city was watching the rugby. The burgers are awesome with a long list of choice. Range of beers top notch too. Easily recommended.