“Great anniversary meal ”
Review of The Boozy Cow

The Boozy Cow
Ranked #310 of 2,701 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Description: The Boozy Cow fuses locally sourced and specially selected ingredients to create mouth-watering juicy burgers which are made on the premises fresh every morning by our talented team. Where possible we will be sourcing ingredients and working with local suppliers. The menu includes a selection of mouth watering and juicy burgers bursting with flavour and oozing with tasty goodness. When enjoying one of handcrafted burgers and sipping on our oreo shake sit back and take in the unique interiors we have created for you. The Boozy Cow will also be bringing their popular chilli challenge to Edinburgh. The challenge sees contestants given 15 minutes to eat one chilli cheese burger, one chilli dog, one portion of chilli cheese fries and one Oreo milkshake. We invite you to party until the cows come home at 1am seven days a week, where you can expect an eclectic mix of music with DJs on Tuesday, Friday & Saturday nights. Our talented team has created a selection of cocktails which includes your classic Amicus favourites with a twist and new boozylicious cocktails which will tingle your taste buds! Children's Policy - due to our operating license we are not legally permitted to cater for those children under the age of 5. Sorry!
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed our trip today, nice atmosphere when you arrive. Menu was well explained by the waitress who then never returned to our table, found another one and eventually ordered our food and drinks. Despite the wait it was well worth it in my and my wife's opinions, lovely burgers and sides I would recommend the fried pickles, beer and cider served in a nice chilled glass as well.

Safe to say my wife and I had a good anniversary minus the kids, we will visit again.

Grant M, Deputy Manager at The Boozy Cow, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us an awesome review. We are very happy that you chose to spend such a special event and that you had a good time.

I have to apologise for your wait to order this is not typical of our venue, our staff are an efficient little bunch, so I am sorry that we fell short on this occasion.

Hopefully we will see you again soon and we can turn that 4 star experience into a 5 star one.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Me and a friend had a great evening here - a super atmosphere and some great cocktails - we stayed until it closed! The bar staff told us to drink up and we started getting our things together. Within minutes one of the bar staff started shouting at the customers (female, dark hair, English accent), telling us all to get out quickly and complaining that she wasn't getting paid for drinking-up time. She was aggressive and rude and her colleagues seemed embarrassed by her behaviour.
That's awful if the staff are expected to close down and clear up without getting paid, but this is an issue she should raise with her employer, not with her customers! It was a tacky end to a nice evening. What a shame for the rest of the team that this colleague is not a professional bar tender. Maybe put her behind the scenes in the kitchen?

1  Thank martin74a

Hi Martin,

Firstly I am glad that you had a great experience with us right up until closing time we do try our hardest to create a fun and welcoming atmosphere and a lot of work has gone into our cocktail list so I am delighted to hear you enjoyed them.

I can also guarantee that our staff are paid for every minute they work here, it would indeed be awful if they weren't.

I do hope you have not been deterred from coming and visiting us again and if it helps at all that particular bartender you described no longer works with us.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Working just round the corner on Castle Street, my colleagues and I thought we'd give this place a try as we'd heard really good things. We only have an hour for lunch but usually find places who can serve us quick and painlessly.

We arrived at Boozy Cow and were seated and our drink orders taken. The server then dissapeared for a stint before returning with drinks and taking our orders. Nothing uncanny so far....

Then we waited. Ten minutes passed, twenty minutes passed, thirty minutes passed. It was nearly time to head back to the office but there was no sign of our food or server. Eventually one of my colleagues got off her stool and went to find help. She told a staff member that we were in a bit of a hurry and did she know when the food might arrive. Meanwhile, around us, groups who'd arrived after us were getting their lunch.

We were told it wouldn't be long and we continued to wait. With five minutes left of lunchtime we asked for our food to be boxed up instead so we could just take it back to the office. Our server actually rolled her eyes.

I had a meeting so left my money with my work pals and ran ahead back to the office. When I caught up with them later on it turned out that my order had been completely missed off the receipt and I had no lunch. Some of my friends who did get their food found it wasn't what they asked for... So perhaps I was better off without. I went back outside and bought a sandwich vowing to write a disgruntled Trip Advisor review.

My colleague did go back in to complain in person and was told the manager simply wasn't available. So if you want to spend your lunch hour drinking diet coke and going hungry in a hipster abattoir, then this place might just be for you.

2  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Burgers looked great.
I had the mac and cheese. Too much onion for me. But still yummy. Great sweet potato fries.
The best bit was the pink angel cocktail. Definitely my new favourite.
I would definitely go again.

Grant M, Manager at The Boozy Cow, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Hi Cazza285 thank you for leaving us a cracking review. It's great to hear you enjoyed everything, even more so to hear that you'll come back to see us again. The pink angel definitely is one of our biggest sellers on the menu. I don't think we've ever had someone say they do not absolutely love it! Thanks again.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Having stumbled across the boozy cow, we decided (mainly becasue of the name) that we would check out the menu and have a feed. What a great place to find. Superb burger joint that had a great atmosphere and superb staff. Sadly I can't remember the name of the girl that was serving us (I think she was an Irish teacher). She deserves a medal dealing with a group of hungry men all wanting food. She was polite and on the ball and served with a smile. We liked the place so much for it's decent and reasonably priced food and drink that we went back the following night. Well worth a trip.

Hey Simon2015 thank you so much for leaving us such a lovely review. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Dani, she is a good egg that one. It makes me very happy to read that you enjoyed it so much you came back the next night too! Hopefully we see you all again soon!