“Fantastic!”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We recently spent the day in Edinburgh and after researching restaurants, booked Wedgwood for dinner. We arrived at 6pm to the loveliest welcome from staff and after looking at the menu decided to order the tasting menu. This was the perfect option for us as there were so many dishes on the a la carte menu that we wanted to try, we couldn’t decide! The portion sizes were perfect and when asked by staff what our favourite dish was, we couldn’t decide. It was all amazing!

The staff could not have been nicer and made us feel very welcome. A fantastic restaurant and we will definitely be back. Thanks!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,918)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I ate at Wedgwood last weekend for the second time after a very enjoyable first visit there. For a fine dining restaurant the prices are reasonable and the restaurant is split over two levels and has a nice buzz about it. On my previous visit the quality of the food had been exceptional but this time around it did not meet the same standards. I opted to have the scallops for my starter and unfortunately they were a tad overcooked and brown for my liking. For our mains, my dining companions chose the venison and the lamb respectively, which were beautifully presented and very flavoursome. I chose the spiced monkfish, which was described as being served with charred aubergine, cauliflower and pickled chilli. However, when it arrived, the maître d’ deposited it on the table and advised that it was served in squid ink. There had been no mention of squid ink in the menu. In my experience squid ink is an acquired taste and I would not have ordered the monkfish had I known it was going to be served in squid ink. By this point I did not want to send my dish back as it would have meant I was eating at a different pace to the other members of my party. Also, the maître d’ made no attempt to return to our table to ask how we were enjoying the food. So I ended up eating the dish without particularly enjoying it. We had desserts afterwards which were fine but the whole experience had been somewhat spoiled by the unannounced presence of the squid ink. I’ve never before had the experience of ordering food from a menu and ending up with something completely different. I’m not sure if the chef was freestyling or experimenting with something different but to not give diners any advance warning of this and springing an unexpected ‘surprise’ on them is bemusing to me and quite disrespectful and arrogant as well. It’s a shame as Wedgwood is a highly regarded restaurant but I would certainly think twice before returning for another visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant was a stone's throw from our flat in Edinburgh and was an excellent find. The atmosphere was quiet; the service, attentive. My groups stopped in for after dinner drinks and dessert. The Extra Sticky Toffee Pudding was scrumptious.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nicely priced, yet high with quality dining is just what we hoped for on our day out to Edinburgh. The venison with haggis was a attractive looking fish with bags of flavour and beautifully cooked. The Sea Bream main with samphire was also nicely presented, adequate portion and flavoursome.
Staff friendly, knowledgeable and caring.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing food. Hot smoked salmon starter was full of flavours. Venison cooked to perfection. Chocolate brownie dangerously addictive. Fantastic wine and staff. Great evening. Thank you guys for wonderful evening.