“Pizza and Pasta out of this world in tiny eatery”

Novapizza Vegetarian Kitchen
Ranked #88 of 2,591 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Neighbourhood: New Town
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Ignore the fact that the decor looks like the worst mom at school created a set for the school play, and revel in what I'd call some of the best pizza I have had in my life, bar none. I went there late with exhausted people from doing a Fringe show and this food just perked us all up again. The margarita pizza, the white pizza, the pasta... we all tasted each other's and agreed it was among the best. The chef is Italian and you can taste the real thing. Go! But call ahead, go on an off time, or plan to take out, as it seats only a few people. While we were eating, many people were picking up food to go. Not sure if they are on deliveroo or similar.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Really friendly staff, great selection and will make anything custom for you! The pasta is pure heaven and it’s vegetarian so perfect for everyone! Pizza is also perfect

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Edinburgh has a fair choice of veggie places but this is a welcome addition. The pizzas are first class and for a veggie the choice is mind-blowing. A tiny but cosy sit in area. Also very nice to see bookings being taken during the Festival unlike in complacent competitors like David Banns or Henderson's Bistro.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Quite simply, you must visit this place. It is a joy if you are veggie or vegan as you have so much choice. Great pizza and pasta, wine and desert and lovely efficient and friendly service. If you win the lottery give this place some money - they are doing brilliant work and deserve every success and award going. Nicely off the beaten track down cobbled streets in new town. You should book though, it is very popular.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

When I walked in the first time I could smell right away I was on a winner - it smells like a pizzeria does in Italy - I thought 'whatever's cooking, they're doing it right!'
The menu is so full of options and well organised - they even list red and white pizzas separately, which is handy for people like me who need to avoid tomato.
The Oreo cookie vegan cheesecake was unbelievable - I can't wait to go back!