“Very disappointing.”

Ranked #13 of 145 Restaurants in Falkirk
Price range: US$1,183 - US$2,296
Cuisines: European, Scottish, British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family run local bar and restaurant, offering value for money, fresh, high quality homecooked food. Available in our Family friendly Restaurant or our 4 legged friendly Bar or Beer Garden.
Reviewed 4 March 2021

Just ordered food to be delivered for our anniversary. Chicken Pakora delivered without sauce. Haggis Pakora also delivered without sauce. Homemade Chilli Beef Lasagne delivered without garlic bread. Didn't bother phoning The Soo Hoose, as the food (which wasn't that hot to begin with) would have been cold by the time the situation was remedied.

Very disappointing. Will not be ordering again.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (269)

Reviewed 6 February 2021 via mobile

Don’t order a home delivery. Steak pie & chips was driest ever! Pastry was nice but No gravy. Carrots & broccoli as hard as stones? Couldn’t eat them! Chips not cooked either! So disappointed

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank p29web
Reviewed 18 September 2020

We ate here the other night and although not the best of grub apart from the spaghetti carbonate which wasn't eaten the fish was nice and tasty apart from being quite greasy.grandchild loved her chicken burger.all in all too big a menu.cut it down and concentrate on doing it right

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank Joebahn
Reviewed 6 September 2020

On the last bank holiday, I had a rare day where I wasn't working and baby-free so decided to go for lunch with my mum. The last time we'd been was before lockdown with my parents and in-laws and the food and service was fantastic. We were keen to go back.

But, what happened since then? We ordered chicken pakora as a starter and two Balmoral Chicken meals as mains. The chicken for the pakora was fine but the sauce wasn't as good as when we went before. It wasn't mixed properly for a start. It had swirls of white through it. As for the Balmoral Chicken meal, the bacon was really fatty. We had broccoli but it was poor quality broccoli. The chunk on my plate was yellow on one side. I have better broccoli in my freezer right now. The carrots were alright but again, could have cooked them better myself. I gave the baby sweetcorn to my mum as I'm not a fan of that anyway but she said that something wasn't right about it. That it didn't taste right. It's not like my mum to not eat her veggies (she loves them). Even the chips weren't as good as last time. They were ok but they were so deliciously crispy last time. I don't know what has happened over lockdown. New chef? New supplier? Goodness knows.

However, even the staff were less friendly. Colder than when we went before.

We didn't bother with dessert or coffees as we didn't want to be disappointed further :(

In addition, the social distancing wasn't great. Our table was backed on to another table and there's no way there's was a 1m gap between our table and the one behind us. After visiting other restaurants in August this was probably the worst I'd been in for social distancing.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank renza88
Reviewed 31 August 2020 via mobile

Too many people in for 2meter distancing impossible even altho they have signs up onlly 2 meters she cos food is nice xx

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank emmacL6170FE
gilliansK5555SL, General Manager at The Soo Hoose, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2020

Hi there just in response to your 2m rule. There is signs up in our restaurant that it is a 1m rule inside as per covid rules. In response you were asked if you wanted to be moved to another table which you replied no you were ok. So i am unsure of the 1 star review.