“look around”

Fairley's Garden Centre
Ranked #37 of 207 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Cuisines: Scottish
Reviewed 15 April 2018

lovely place it's lovely to walk around and the staff are so friendly. The café was good but can be a bit pricey but sill very enjoyable. Haven't been here for a while so it was lovely to go back. They have a great variety of ornaments for the garden always something different. Trying to get ideas for my daughters birthday

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Very well laid out. Loads to browse through and a great selection of plants and ornaments. Indoor section is also well stocked.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Always stop off here whenever we can are in the area, be it caters for be all your horticultural needs,bit be has a great be outdoor plant area, with ample parking, an interesting greenhouse area for houseplants, and be a cafe/restaurant, always worth a visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I've been here many many times over the years and the food has always been lovely. Today we had to takeaway because we had our dog who wasn't allowed in - even to the outdoor seating part. We all had a panini each (3 of us) and 2 caramel shortbreads and 1 custard cream. We also had 2 soft drinks and a milkshake. The price for all this was £31.25!!!! Considering I was at a very lovely well known Markinch hotel and had 2 courses for 2 people for £5 less than this! I thought it may be a bit cheaper also taking into account we were taking it away however even at that price for eating in on a plastic chair is completely overpriced! The staff serving were all really pleasant so the grumble isn't about them.
Sadly our food was very greasy, the cakes were dry and seemed as if they weren't fresh at all.
It was a real disappointment and we won't return.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

My husband and I were told about this garden centre so decided to visit today (13th May). When we arrived I decided to have an Americano coffee and was absolutely aghast at the price. A small cup (very small) was £2 but it was the large Americano price that I could not believe. £3.15 was the asking price for this coffee!!!! Unbeknown to me my husband had gone up to the counter and ordered me a large one. When it came it was no larger than an average cup!! I have been all over the country in many coffee shops and have never paid this for what is essentially a black coffee with cold milk. The mark up for a Cappuccino from small to large was only 45p and similarly a latte mark up was only 30p. Why then have a mark up of £1.15 for an Americano?

I did ask for the Manager and mentioned this mark up to her but was in the end met with indifference.

On a more positive note my husband's cream scone was very nice.

In hindsight, I don't think we will be returning to this garden centre in the near future.