“Day trip to Kirkcaldy for concert.”

Annapurna Gurkhas Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 136 Restaurants in Kirkcaldy
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Nepalese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

Needed a meal before going to concert & was advised by local barman that the Annapurna Gurkha was his personal favourite Asian restaurant so we decided to take his recommendation. Really pleased that we did! Staff approached as soon as we entered and as soon as we were seated, complimentary poppadoms & spicy onions & chutney were in front of us. No point in mentioning individual main dishes as all four that we ordered were declared delicious. All the food plus 4 pints of Cobra beer came to £65 for 4 of us which we thought was fantastic value. We're unanimous that we will definitely visit again & highly recommend you to visit it if anywhere near Kirkcaldy

6  Thank Ian Robert S

Reviewed 13 June 2015

The staff friendly and welcoming and food was hot a nd very t a dry a also only 695 for a 3 course lunch been 3 times definetly worth a visit

3  Thank John M
Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

This place is totally over rates, have gave it a good few chances now and it really does not tick any of my boxes at all!!! Other reatraunts and takeaways in the area are waaay! Much better!!! The place lacks atmosphere and the food lacks taste! Worst korma ive ever had! Sorry but wont be back!!!

7  Thank Glasses1
Reviewed 5 June 2015

We have visited this restaurant and never been disappointed. The service has always been great and the food fabulous. The waiting staff are extremely courteous and polite and all in all a wonderful dining experience. We will continue to visit to sample even more of the extensive menu. Would thoroughly recommend for a beautiful meal in lovely surroundings.

4  Thank Elaine J
Reviewed 4 June 2015

Well, having had a disappointing time at our hotel, I was in crisis and I was hungry. I had seen the sign and was intrigued and was in the mood for a curry. I went on my gut instinct and it did not let me down. We walked into the place, so unassuming from the outside, beautiful, spacious, clean lines, well set tables and the young lady who came to serve us, such grace and a beautiful smile, could not be more helpful. We asked about the different dishes and she happily explained them and offered us complementary poppadoms and dips which were exquisite! I mean I have never tasted the like, and that was just the dips... lime mint raita, a mango chutney that was not sharp but smooth and delicious with chive seeds I think in it. A gorgeously cheeky little tomato, garlic and fenugreek chutney and the clean red onion chutney. i could have eaten only that and been sublimely happy but when I asked about the tikka masala she assured me that it was no artificial colouring and now extra flour (so it would not be fluorescent pink! ) She also told us that their food was made with gluten free ingredients. The portion sizes were good and the food melted in the mouth, the Tikka Masala was rich and full of flavour with a medium spice that was a tender kiss on the taste buds. The chapati light fluffy and hot as was the Paratha - my husband had the onion baji, which was a wee bit bland but came on a bed of tamarind and chilli infused mint reductions - slightly eighties but still as an appetiser not horrific.
Kind attentive server and so happy to provide a doggy bag for us to take what we could not eat back with us we were only sad that we had not found them before. Would love to pick them up and transport them back to our neck of the woods but Kircaldy you are lucky to have them and the prices were reasonable too. Drinks wise I had the Cobra on tap a curry munching heaven. I would drive all the way to Kircaldy just to eat there again and it is over 2 hours away from us.

2  Thank Pyewakkyt