“Afternoon visit ”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Just reopened November 11th 2010
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Had the best cocktails from Stuart , Rachael, Gavin this afternoon, very friendly cocktail mixologist, willing to go the extra mile. Nice establishment for Kirkcaldy, kudos to the management for getting the “Cafe” to where it used to be.

BARRY S, General Manager at Cafe Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Dear AlastairW,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with 5 stars. I am truly chuffed that you enjoyed your afternoon cocktails, I am indeed very proud of our team. Your kind words really do mean so much to each of us.

From Stuart, Rachael, Gavin and I, we do look forward to welcoming you back.

Aine Kelly

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I visited the restaurant this evening. Having failed to book we were glad that we were seated with no issues. Our waitress Jade was rushed off her feet being the only staff member working but her service was faultless. Running between the bar and restaurant she was still serving with a smile. The food we had was of a very high standard and the presentation was something all three of us commented on. The cheesecake in particular was delicious.
Our only flaw with the evening is that the toilets were very cold but of course this is not a huge problem.
We will be back again.

Ajaz M, General Manager at Cafe Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent visit with 5 stars. The team and I are truly delighted that you enjoyed your family dinner with us. Jade is an amazing asset to our team and I do know that your kind words really do mean so much to her. The restrooms are indeed quiet chilli, we are looking into this and we do hope to have a solution soon.

From Jade, the team and I, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Aine Kelly

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

My friend and I visited the restaurant on Monday evening. Upon arrival we were greeted by our waitress Jade who showed us to our seats and even put a little heater next to us as it was freezing outside.
We opted for a 3 course meal with a free bottle of wine. Service was quick and the food was delicious. My only criticism would be that the fish was a little oily and could have been left to drain a little longer. Other than that all plates were cleared. We finished off with a creme brûlée and chocolate terrine. Being very full from the meal we weren’t going to bother with the dessert but very glad we did as it was delicious and not too much.

We were surprised at how quiet the restaurant was given how good it was. It is definitely value for money.

The waitress could not do enough for us and she was very warm and friendly.

We are looking to book again in the near future. Thank you.

BARRY S, General Manager at Cafe Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear NancyMarshall378,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your visit from Monday evening with 5 stars. Your detailed review and kind words really do mean so much to us all.

From Jade, the team and I, we look forward to welcoming back.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Went in for a drink and stayed for a meal. The girl who served us was extremely pleasant and friendly. She was most professional in her knowledge of the food and drinks menu. We had not been here before but will certainly be back..... All thanks to Jade!!!!

BARRY S, General Manager at Cafe Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Seltaeb,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent visit with 5 stars. The team work extremely hard and indeed sometimes long hours and I do know that your kind words about the team and Jade really do mean so much.

From Jade, the team and I, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Opted for 3 course set menu (£16 each including a bottle of wine to share) and had wonderful food and staff couldn’t help enough. We had Chicken Tikka followed by Chorizo Chicken (both great - the sauce really makes the dish) and Soup and Teryaki Salmon (looked and tasted great). Desert (included) had gorgeous chocolate cheesecake with orange rind on top and a dark chocolate terrine. Both fabulous. This place keeps itself a secret and whoever is cooking deserves a filled dining room yet there were only two other tables filled when we were there at 5pm. Go there, try the food and you will be pleased and then spread the word! I for one will be back soon...

BARRY S, General Manager at Cafe Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Stuart H,

Thank you for taking the time to to review your recent visit. The team and I are truly chuffed that you enjoyed your visit with us, your kind words really do mean so much. We are not keeping it a secret on how wonderful we are so please do spread the word, it again, would mean so much to us.
From the team and I, we look forward to welcoming you back.